• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

124 posts in this topic

Many of the opening bids seem high to me.
which ones?

Boy Commandos #1 in CGC 8.0 sold just weeks ago for $1793. Opening bid in the auction is $2400.

I'd start the Captain Midnights lower. Not a super popular title.

Even the Shield Wizard #1 at 7K is a bit of a stretch.

hm I thought this is what you said hm

I didn't think this sorta fun went down in the GA forums. Thought it was all just long in the tooth tall tales and polygrip parties.

Okay, sorry to intrude.

Rare Tupenny GA cameo appearance. Collector's Edition.

which ones?

Boy Commandos #1 in CGC 8.0 sold just weeks ago for $1793. Opening bid in the auction is $2400.

Primetime asked me a question.

With an opening bid of $19,000, it might be all yours.

Here is another comment.... (shrug)

Yes? What's wrong with that? It's an opinion, Frank. Why do you feel the need to squash people's opinions?

By the way, how did that Batman #5 auction end up? hm

I didn't think this sorta fun went down in the GA forums. Thought it was all just long in the tooth tall tales and polygrip parties.

Okay, sorry to intrude.

Bill, I was enjoying this thread until you brought up the polygrip party.

I had too much to drink that night and it was not my fault. If you show

up at the next one I will have you thrown out. You have been served Rocker.

which ones?

I will send the whole thread via email to Bill, he can decide if it is offensive. You have missed the entire point here Jeff . The thread wasn't called "HEY DOES ANYONE THINK BILL'S AUCTION PRICES ARE TO HIGH, CAUSE I DO" ?

Okay, sorry to intrude.

Bill, I was enjoying this thread until you brought up the polygrip party.

I had too much to drink that night and it was not my fault. If you show

up at the next one I will have you thrown out. You have been served Rocker.

:roflmao:

which ones?

I will send the whole thread via email to Bill, he can decide if it is offensive. You have missed the entire point here Jeff . The thread wasn't called "HEY DOES ANYONE THINK BILL'S AUCTION PRICES ARE TO HIGH, CAUSE I DO" ?

Feel free. I'm sure Bill will brush it off as no big deal. I doubt he'll be lighting torches and sharpening spears.

Okay, sorry to intrude.

That was actually funny :roflmao:

Tupenny has his moments lol

Hey I saw your pic's with you and your daughter....she is a little doll, a real cutie!

I consider myself an 'expert" in this area as I have two daughters of my own (thumbs u

which ones?

Feel free. I'm sure Bill will brush it off as no big deal. I doubt he'll be lighting torches and sharpening spears.

Jeff....initially all I did was ask you to refrain from negative, off topic blurbs about your self impossed expert opinion on auction pricing. Sales are tough for everyone right now and I felt your commentary wasn't going to add to a positive bump to my "brothers" auction. I just asked for a little courtesey....your response is when the "torches and spears" came out. Let's move on like adults (shrug)

which ones?

Jeff....initially all I did was ask you to refrain from negative, off topic blurbs about your self impossed expert opinion on auction pricing. Sales are tough for everyone right now and I felt your commentary wasn't going to add to a positive bump to my "brothers" auction. I just asked for a little courtesey....your response is when the "torches and spears" came out. Let's move on like adults (shrug)

When an someone wants to leave marketing statements about an auction and to have comments kept positive or to a minimum then they should use this forum.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&page=1

The boards are organized to allow a variety of topics to be discussed and to allow individuals to find comments that would be of interest. You'll rarely find me making financially-oriented comments but neither rules of the moderators nor custom of the forum declare that they are off-limits.

which ones?

When an someone wants to leave marketing statements about an auction and to have comments kept positive or to a minimum then they should use this forum.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&page=1

The boards are organized to allow a variety of topics to be discussed and to allow individuals to find comments that would be of interest. You'll rarely find me making financially-oriented comments but neither rules of the moderators nor custom of the forum declare that they are off-limits.

Thanks Adam, intelligent post, I appreciate it. I am not saying Jeff (expert auction consultant) was outside of his "rights" , I am offended that he had to a) be nagative b)off topic c) can't see anyone's point but his own. There are a lot things we all have a right to do, or say, however some of us care about how it might affect another person, and unfortuetly some folks don't care as long as they get their opinion out . (shrug)

I see your point of view, Frank, I just think you're flat wrong. There's a difference.

You're the one that took the thread off-topic. I was talking about Bill's auction. You brought up all this other krap.

which ones?

Hey Jeff ,

I think a lot of your books seem high when you list them for sale here on the boards, however they are your books. (thumbs u

But I'd never run an auction with high opening bids and expect success. You might not like my prices, but you always have the option of making an offer. In an auction with high opening bids, you don't have that option.

The thread was suppossed to be about "interesting items" not your opinion on the best business model for auctions (shrug) Bill has running auction for 25 years, his opinion might be more acurate.... (thumbs u

Also your example's are poor in my opinion , for example I think the Boy Commando's is $3200. in guide, just because some other person under sold doesn't mean Bill has to give his books away as well...does it?

Frank, I'm expressing my opinion. I understand that you don't agree with it, but don't try to censor me, either here or in ridiculous PMs.

No Jeff....you did, I tried to make it a private complaint directly to you and no one else...you took the thread off track....TWICE.

which ones?

Hey Jeff ,

I think a lot of your books seem high when you list them for sale here on the boards, however they are your books. (thumbs u

But I'd never run an auction with high opening bids and expect success. You might not like my prices, but you always have the option of making an offer. In an auction with high opening bids, you don't have that option.

The thread was suppossed to be about "interesting items" not your opinion on the best business model for auctions (shrug) Bill has running auction for 25 years, his opinion might be more acurate.... (thumbs u

Also your example's are poor in my opinion , for example I think the Boy Commando's is $3200. in guide, just because some other person under sold doesn't mean Bill has to give his books away as well...does it?

Frank, I'm expressing my opinion. I understand that you don't agree with it, but don't try to censor me, either here or in ridiculous PMs.

No Jeff....you did, I tried to make it a private complaint directly to you and no one else...you took the thread off track....TWICE.

That's just factually wrong. You moved the subject to my prices. It's right there on page one of the thread.

which ones?

Hey Jeff ,

That's just factually wrong. You moved the subject to my prices. It's right there on page one of the thread.

WHAT YOU MEANT TO SAY IS : "You moved the subject to where I ( Jeff ) had already moved the thread off track".