• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ - August 27-29, 2010 - TORONTO, CANADA

847 posts in this topic

Yes but unless your room is dark 75% of the time I would be very careful.

Any light (natural or electrical) will fade the cover.

Ideally some UV protection with the frame would solve the issue but that is bigger $$$.

Even if you rotate, there is some damage being done.

Totally true, and i'm no stranger to that effect. One of my LCB's use to hang all their variants on the wall and low and behold after set periods of time they would fade like no one's business.

90% of my books are modern age books, so I'm not terribly concerned about them fading. God knows that the majority of them would never retain their value in the long haul anyway, mint or not. Mine as well enjoy them out and in the open :grin:

From what I saw the last couple years at anytime between 230-4 you can usually just walk in the VIP entrance, the lines have usually emptied into the hall by then.

If you have to pick up your pass it may be a little bit longer as the prepaid ticket lines have gotten long in the past, often at least 10-30mins.

Hope that helps.

How many people do you think they expect to see this year?

Last year it was 60k from what I remember with no where near as much star power.

100k?

I expect there to be more people too. The variety of guests attending have a very wide appeal.

Saw the floor plan today. I was there for a couple of hours. It was a pretty site. There is tons of natural light from the convention windows at the front of the building and the room is about the same size as last year's show in the South end of the building.

I've been coming to this convention center for years to check out the International Auto Show and it was kind of surreal being in there for the first time for something different. A comic show no less.

There were almost no comic dealers set up (mind you Harley was there...he's always there first). Jamie Graham had just arrived, as did some of the others (BigB, Oscar from Montreal, etc).

You guys should have a really good time.

It pulls on my heart strings not to be there. It was exactly 3 years ago (almost to the day) in this thread that I tried to convince boardies to make a trek up to Toronto for a big show. I'd encourage you guys to read it as it shows just how far we've come in three years. Things were so different then.

Now that a bunch of you are finally making the trek (Joey, Watson, Beachbum, Topnotchman just to name a few) it turns out that I won't be there to realize the dream.

It was a tough decision to make as I really would have loved to stay in my hometown for the weekend but unfortunately I have to go to Baltimore on a last minute decision regarding work. It's just not something that I can put off.

I hope this turns out to be a great show for everyone and I hope you guys make it back again to visit.

(worship)

Enjoy the wonderful city. She's my pride and joy. May she treat you well. Give her my regards!

:cloud9:

Just got back from scoping out the convention hall.... A smile and a confident wave will get you in anywhere... except this time... lol

If it was good to get a sense of the layout beforehand... very wide open and straight up the escalators.

So, how many lines should I expect to wait in tomorrow? I purchased a Premium Package.

I would think 2, to get in, provided you are in the right line. One line to pick up your Premium pass. Then moved to another line, to get onto the con floor.

Just got back from scoping out the convention hall.... A smile and a confident wave will get you in anywhere... except this time... lol

If it was good to get a sense of the layout beforehand... very wide open and straight up the escalators.

You get onto the con floor, or just the downstairs?

You get onto the con floor, or just the downstairs?

I got onto the upstairs con floor for a sec, it's right up the escalaltor when you walk in the front door on Front St... Is this the first time they are in the North Hall?

Nope, it's been in that room several times before. It was just for the past 3-4 years, that it was in the South Building.

I was there earlier, helping out one of the booths set up (All New Comics), but didn't take much of a tour around the floor, other than the loading entrance to the booth. Tron Legacy booth looks nice.

I checked out the floor plans on the con website, but unless I missed it, it doesn't indicate where the booth/desk is to pick up the Premium tickets.

I assume it's in the main lobby area, off Front St., but does anyone know where exactly? West end of the lobby where conventions usually set up their admission tables? Or east end near MTCC's Guest Services desk? Or somewhere else?

Anyone?

And does the ticket booth for Premium ticket pickup open at noon?

I believe all box offices open at the same time, at noon.

Premium Passes pick-up booth will be next to the Advance Passes pick-up booth.

If you look on the floorplan, the building entrance is on the right side (up the stairs, behind Baton Rouge... west side of the building, facing the Rogers Centre), which will lead you to the con floor level. After you pick up your pass, you will be moved downstairs, to the front lobby area, to line up for entrance.

Read the explanation here