• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Failed Ebay transaction

148 posts in this topic

Whatever the reason don't neg him. I sold a slab plus two raw books to the same buyer on eBay a month or so ago, and I dropped the slab as I was going to pack it and the bottom completely smashed off. The two raw books went with it and they picked up severe impact damage to the bottom corners.

I refunded his money with a note telling him what had happened saying he could have the books for free. He never responded so I sent them anyway. I would have been livid as hell if he'd negged me.

If you're not out any money I can't even see why you would want to.

Did you know it was a board member Gav?

In the case in point in this thread no. I was just trying to point out that this stuff does actually happen.

If the buyer is out no money I can't see how that warrants a neg whatsoever.

Whatever the reason don't neg him. I sold a slab plus two raw books to the same buyer on eBay a month or so ago, and I dropped the slab as I was going to pack it and the bottom completely smashed off. The two raw books went with it and they picked up severe impact damage to the bottom corners.

I refunded his money with a note telling him what had happened saying he could have the books for free. He never responded so I sent them anyway. I would have been livid as hell if he'd negged me.

In the case in point in this thread no. I was just trying to point out that this stuff does actually happen.

I concur (thumbs u

I concur (thumbs u

I agree as well. I once had a seller had his dog eat through the package and he refunded my money. This stuff does happen.

Some years back I saw a dealer acquaintance pull a gorgeous Batman 4 out of its bag without taking the tape off the flap.

Well lookie there, a spanking new tape pull in the middle of the front cover! Dumbarse.

I can feel his pain, though in my case it was one of those lame bags that came with a resealable flap that had the adhesive on the flap rather than on the back of the bag. :frustrated:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Some years back I saw a dealer acquaintance pull a gorgeous Batman 4 out of its bag without taking the tape off the flap.

Well lookie there, a spanking new tape pull in the middle of the front cover! Dumbarse.

I can feel his pain, though in my case it was one of those lame bags that came with a resealable flap that had the adhesive on the flap rather than on the back of the bag. :frustrated:

GRRR

Your pain is coming through clearly too

I HATE those resealable bags for exactly that reason. Never touch 'em, and if I buy a book in that kind of a bag I CUT the flap open and toss the bag immediately

lol.... Yikes... Ill respond to all this in a moment.. let me gather some info first...
Oh goodness..I brought snacks for this!.. :popcorn:

What snacks, I'm going to the fridge for a cold one.

DRX

lol.... okay well it's actually not that funny...

I just got off the phone with Peter, original poster, and explained it all to him... to the best I can right now. Our phone connection got cut off.. so call me back my man ))

Here's the deal... I cosigned about 40 long boxes to my friend Harvey to sell for me on ebay. Before I give them to him I sort them and grade them and then he also regrades them ALL and if there's a clash of grades we talk about it and come to a conclusion... so far he's sold about 30 long boxes for me on Ebay with about another 10/15 to go. And so far he's been great with his customer service and shipping and everything...

I gave the books for him to sell because I don't have the time, or space to do it myself.. and he is good at it and has been selling books for a long time. Now if there ever Is a problem on Ebay I usually just let him solve it as he's very good at that and has a good Ebay rating. But if anything involves a fellow boardie I will make sure that they are happy personally.

Of coarse I don't give him any real high $ books to sell.. I can sell those myself here on the boards )

On to this situation. Although I haven't talked to Harvey for but a minute today, it seems a bunch of comics got trashed by his kid... and if you knew his kid it wouldn't be all that crazy to believe. Some of my future books to be posted were trashed and he says he's going to pay me for those... and what I understand is many of the fury books got trashed... Again I need to talk to him for longer to get to the nitty gritty here but all I'm getting now is that his kid ruined some books and many happen to be of the fury lot....

I know Harvey, he has thousands of books himself and money and a online comic store. So I'm 100 percent sure that this isnt BS. Causing a ruckus like this for a hundred or so bucks isn't in his nature. I know both me and him have sold many lots far far below value over the past few months and all we do is say..'mess' and move on.

Someone mentioned a possibility of 'Shill bidding' give me a break. If you happened to lose your bid in the final few seconds then you should bid more next time. Happens to me all the time.

The only thing that is BS about this is that Harvey may have money and thousands of books... but I'm positive he doesnt have a tec #27... and niether do I. We both have plenty of early tecs but no 27 that I'm sure. When I talk to him I'm going to rip him on that bit of info.

Peter,. my advice to you is to take all the free stuff,discounts or whatever he may offer you.. and then ask for more as I told him he better hook you up...lol

Sorry about this my man. Was nice talking to you though..