• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Failed Ebay transaction

148 posts in this topic

BUTM, Again YCGFY

Again, you're keeping it classy and showing your true colors.

Keep up the good work. (thumbs u

True Colors=?????

You have replied to no fewer than five posts (and no, that's not threads started by me) of mine with some sort of insult or jab.

BUTM, Again YCGFY

Again, you're keeping it classy and showing your true colors.

Keep up the good work. (thumbs u

True Colors=?????

You have replied to no fewer than five posts (and no, that's not threads started by me) of mine with some sort of insult or jab.

You should feel special.

Not many people have their own personal trolls/stalkers...

Well, it's Tsim's auction, according to Gatsby.

My first link was right from the CGC Ebay advertising thread, still linking to the rest of Tsim's auctions, and by chance I still had the auction itself in my history, the second link I posted.

Indeed, that's how I found the auction a couple days ago by following Tsim's CGC link. I was kind of interested in a full set of Furys myself, I havent' had a full run in probably 20 years, thought it might be fun to reread them again. When it went over $250 I gave up, the $75 freight put it beyond my interest, when most of the issues can be found in reader grade at the big shows in 50 cent or dollar boxes

And it's not impossible that a kid with a crayon snuck into Daddy's workroom and played havoc, it's happened to friends of mine before, including one pal who lost a Frazetta original sketch to a big ol' green Crayola. If only he'd colored between the lines, lol

Not cool.

Seller got caught.

Didn't want to sell the books for the auction price realized.

Turned out to be a boardie. Got outed unintentionally...Ooops! Egg on face.

What will seller do now to save face on the boards?

I wait with great aniticipation and :popcorn:

I'm guessing he ignores this thread as long as possible.

Not everyone is on the Board 20 hours a day.

or reads every thread

or starts multiple threads etc

t3quila, I skip HBD threads generally and I've cut back on starting threads significantly.

Why I even bother replying to the two of you is actually eluding me. I don't break any forum rules. I'm only here as often as I am because I like to be here.

You are touchy today, 1st comment I made wasn't aimed at you, but everyone here is ripped for something, what do I know about you ? Sweet FA, apart from you have started a LOT of threads, I expect the ribbing to continue for sometime...

Not cool.

Seller got caught.

or reads every thread

t3quila, I skip HBD threads generally and I've cut back on starting threads significantly.

Why I even bother replying to the two of you is actually eluding me. I don't break any forum rules. I'm only here as often as I am because I like to be here.

You are touchy today, 1st comment I made wasn't aimed at you, but everyone here is ripped for something, what do I know about you ? Sweet FA, apart from you have started a LOT of threads, I expect the ribbing to continue for sometime...

Sorry man, it's BlowUpTheMoon, dude jabs me A LOT.

Not cool.

Seller got caught.

or reads every thread

BUTM, Again YCGFY, you never say anything to me that isn't some sort of insult or jab, so why waste the energy of speaking to me at all. If you have some sort of problem with me, why don't you be so kind as to put it into words and shoot me a PM.

Chillax..take a chill pill you only took the post personal because the shoe fit..didn't see your name on there anywhere..Description fits me too..don't see me getting all crabby about it..

My first link was right from the CGC Ebay advertising thread, still linking to the rest of Tsim's auctions, and by chance I still had the auction itself in my history, the second link I posted.

Indeed, that's how I found the auction a couple days ago by following Tsim's CGC link. I was kind of interested in a full set of Furys myself, I havent' had a full run in probably 20 years, thought it might be fun to reread them again. When it went over $250 I gave up, the $75 freight put it beyond my interest, when most of the issues can be found in reader grade at the big shows in 50 cent or dollar boxes

And it's not impossible that a kid with a crayon snuck into Daddy's workroom and played havoc, it's happened to friends of mine before, including one pal who lost a Frazetta original sketch to a big ol' green Crayola. If only he'd colored between the lines, lol

It does happen..I recently sold an item on Ebay that was $80 and when I was trying to wrap it in tissue paper prior to the bubble wrapping I dropped it and smashed it up. At first I thought it was salvagable and then I realized it was too bad. I got a neg because the guy was mad..but i couldn't help it I was not going to send him out a broken item.

Myself, I lost a few sketches when I left the stack of them on my rented condo's coffee table. The owner was selling and having prospective buyers come and look at it. While he was discussing the sale with one he started doodling and scrawling notes on them..I was not too happy about it. He was like "What?they were just doodle drawings?" ggrrr

Not cool.

Seller got caught.

or reads every thread

BUTM, Again YCGFY, you never say anything to me that isn't some sort of insult or jab, so why waste the energy of speaking to me at all. If you have some sort of problem with me, why don't you be so kind as to put it into words and shoot me a PM.

Chillax..take a chill pill you only took the post personal because the shoe fit..didn't see your name on there anywhere..Description fits me too..don't see me getting all crabby about it..

I took it as aimed at me, because he was quoting me at the time. But you're right, I shouldn't let someone rile me up. Maybe he's equal opportunity and I'm not the only one he's taking shots at.

It does happen..I recently sold an item on Ebay that was $80 and when I was trying to wrap it in tissue paper prior to the bubble wrapping I dropped it and smashed it up. At first I thought it was salvagable and then I realized it was too bad. I got a neg because the guy was mad..but i couldn't help it I was not going to send him out a broken item.

Myself, I lost a few sketches when I left the stack of them on my rented condo's coffee table. The owner was selling and having prospective buyers come and look at it. While he was discussing the sale with one he started doodling and scrawling notes on them..I was not too happy about it. He was like "What?they were just doodle drawings?" ggrrr

I once tripped down the front steps on my way out of the house, carrying a coffee in one hand and a $400 page of original art in the other. It ended badly.

Some years back I saw a dealer acquaintance pull a gorgeous Batman 4 out of its bag without taking the tape off the flap.

Well lookie there, a spanking new tape pull in the middle of the front cover! Dumbarse.

Whatever the reason don't neg him. I sold a slab plus two raw books to the same buyer on eBay a month or so ago, and I dropped the slab as I was going to pack it and the bottom completely smashed off. The two raw books went with it and they picked up severe impact damage to the bottom corners.

I refunded his money with a note telling him what had happened saying he could have the books for free. He never responded so I sent them anyway. I would have been livid as hell if he'd negged me.

If you're not out any money I can't even see why you would want to.

Did you know it was a board member Gav?

Some years back I saw a dealer acquaintance pull a gorgeous Batman 4 out of its bag without taking the tape off the flap.

Well lookie there, a spanking new tape pull in the middle of the front cover! Dumbarse.

Yeah there's LCS here in town that I've thus far only bought supplies from, cheapest long box/lids in town. His pricing/grading on "wall comics" is way high though, and he's claiming whatever Overstreet says for Back Issues.

I asked him to let me see the inside of his Iron Man 55 ($140 asking price) and he hands me the book with the tape still on the bag. I handed it back to him and said "Please just go ahead and remove the tape, I'm not going to be in that position" and he kinda rolled his eyes and removed it. Book was rolled and colors were just okay, more a reader to me than a gem and $140 was/is too high in my opinion. I never can figure out why people would rather tear the book than replace the tape.

I was in a store the other day that's using a UPC scan for their books now and this guy was going through Overstreet and making little notes on the price tag that was already applied to the SA Daredevils. I mean they weren't key issues or anything, but if it had been my shop, there's NO WAY I'd let someone do that. IF I buy anything from there I'm going to be looking for indentions on the cover from the little notes and I'll ask for a price adjustment accordingly.

Well nothing as spectacular as a Batman 4 but, my kid once ripped mercilessly through an Italian edition of ASM 129 (Ouch!), it took me like 5 months to replace it... needless to say I let him have it! I didn't let him watch cartoons ALL morning...I know, I am a hard as$..