• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen AS #10 CGC NM- 9.2

128 posts in this topic

The book was shipped overnight on the 9th, delivered on the 10th and sold the same day to J&S. Today is the 11th for you detective types. Remember, I was only told today that our book was stolen.

I just spoke to Ted who was out this morning so I waited until I had more facts before I posted.

I can't thank you guys/gals on the boards enough for finding this book on Ebay.

I have already been in touch with J&S. He was paid by check.

Just a tip - Frankly this type of transaction is going to make Ted and I rethink our "quick" shipping when someone pays by Credit card. Also the transaction was under $2500 which limits the severity of the theft.

Thanks again for all your help.

Bob

(thumbs u

Hope it works out, Bob.

You are one of the stand-up guys in the hobby.

This is a pretty common scam. Buy a book, pay with a CC, get the book and flip it to another dealer and do a chargeback with the stolen card.

The dealer that gets the book is left with stolen merchandise which he must return and the thief has the cash.

I had a variation of this happen to me. Another dealer was on the receiving end of the chargeback/reversal and I was the recipient of the stolen merchandise. Interestingly enough, it was an ASM #5 CGC 9.2.

The variation was that there was no stolen card involved. The buyer paid with paypal echeck I believe. Then had his bank reverse the charge and then paypal pulled the funds back. I was sold the book days after this happened. I sold the book and found out after I sold it that this had happened from the dealer that had gotten the shaft.

Eventually the buyer made good on the payment after I and the other dealer hounded the guy for a good period of time.

This is a pretty common scam. Buy a book, pay with a CC, get the book and flip it to another dealer and do a chargeback with the stolen card.

The dealer that gets the book is left with stolen merchandise which he must return and the thief has the cash.

I had a variation of this happen to me. Another dealer was on the receiving end of the chargeback/reversal and I was the recipient of the stolen merchandise. Interestingly enough, it was an ASM #5 CGC 9.2.

The variation was that there was no stolen card involved. The buyer paid with paypal echeck I believe. Then had his bank reverse the charge and then paypal pulled the funds back. I was sold the book days after this happened. I sold the book and found out after I sold it that this had happened from the dealer that had gotten the shaft.

Eventually the buyer made good on the payment after I and the other dealer hounded the guy for a good period of time.

I know someone that got similarly scammed on Yorkshire puppies last year. She (the buyer) claimed that she didn't know they were not AKC certified. She then re-sold them on her private website after breeding the male.

The book was shipped overnight on the 9th, delivered on the 10th and sold the same day to J&S. Today is the 11th for you detective types. Remember, I was only told today that our book was stolen.

I just spoke to Ted who was out this morning so I waited until I had more facts before I posted.

Just a tip - Frankly this type of transaction is going to make Ted and I rethink our "quick" shipping when someone pays by Credit card. Also the transaction was under $2500 which limits the severity of the theft.

Bob

In the future, I'd recommend against dealing with people named JACK ASSarian.

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Well, sorry to say, Eatontown, NJ is my hometown - grew up there until I went to college in 1988.

J&S used to have a big presence in the area with multiple stores. I think there's one store left in Red Bank and their main address (in Neptune, I believe) you get from eBay is not a retail location. It's a pretty weird building, actually. Not sure what the heck goes on there.

Anyway, they will buy anything for peanuts. I wonder what miniscule amount they paid for that book?

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

might be time for your nap :baiting:

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Tell that to my wife.

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Tell that to my wife.

I will tell her now lol

The book was sold to a Jack Assarian 19 Sheri LN Eatontown, NJ 07724.

It's almost like the thief was giving you a clue he was going to steal the book, based on his first name and the first 3 letters of his last name hm

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Tell that to my wife.

Phil D. Pages?

Dr. Hugh G. Rection?

Wrecked 'Em Records?

Purrs Zhapune?

And my personal favorite and occasional nom de plume, Duncan Sachs.

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Tell that to my wife.

Phil D. Pages?

Dr. Hugh G. Rection?

Wrecked 'Em Records?

Purrs Zhapune?

Don't forget Hugh Jass

As I recall, there actually was a person of such name at Moe's bar in a Simpsons episode

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Tell that to my wife.

Phil D. Pages?

Dr. Hugh G. Rection?

Wrecked 'Em Records?

Purrs Zhapune?

what about...

Spoon Pontoon

Bob

Also:

Mike Hunt

Phil McCracken

Amanda Hugginkiss

Ben Dover

etc.

Tell that to my wife.

Phil D. Pages?

Dr. Hugh G. Rection?

Wrecked 'Em Records?

Purrs Zhapune?

Don't forget Hugh Jass

As I recall, there actually was a person of such name at Moe's bar in a Simpsons episode

Don't forget Jack Goff, which, by the way, is the other alias that Mr. Assarian uses.