• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will your collection ever be finished?

76 posts in this topic

Probably not - my main thing is filling in the early X-Men I am missing (all between 1 and 93) but the whole "topic that shall not be named for fear of Gutenberg" thing has bummed me out to where I will always question a book from now on.

That killed a little bit of the love of the hobby for me, honestly.

-slym

No, unless I obtain unlimited wealth and power.

It could happen. (shrug)

nope. as i read through the newly acquired issues and runs i always see old ads for something else i want and go after that. i'll be lucky if i focus enough to finish a few runs in my lifetime instead of buying a small sampling of everything i see

I doubt it ... but don't tell my wife :blush:

Are we married to the same woman?

My wife is 5'5", dark hair and has a nasty left hook. :fear:

:o She never told me about you! You must not be memorable :baiting:

My wife looks like Linda Hamilton right after she trained for T2. That keeps me in line :insane:

I doubt it ... but don't tell my wife :blush:

:o She never told me about you! You must not be memorable :baiting:

My wife looks like Linda Hamilton right after she trained for T2. That keeps me in line :insane:

We must have different wives. Mine trained for Witches of Eastwick. :fear:

No we can't be married to the same woman, mine has the hook on her right arm. WAIT are you looking in a mirror!

Seriously my collection was done in 1984, then again in 1990, then again in 1992, then again in 1996, 1999, 2002 only because had to stop for CGC work, then post cgc in 2004 (ah to collect again!), and then huge silver age hoard in 2006. (every comic Marvel/DC 1956-1972 solid)

Anyone see the pattern..

WELL then I got all done, and completed Damien's TOS, Avengers, and Iron Man runs, then Wife's comics. She has 10 boxes now and when we go to shows we grab lunch and just visit with everyone. So at the end of your "Thing from Another World/Bodysnatchers/Virus" - collecting rainbow there is a double cheeseburger with bacon and a milk shake, and great friends for life to trade stories with