• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

I didn't have any Giordanos pizza at C2E2 and I hope to rectify that by next Thursday at the latest.

I'm also going to bring a half dozen books for onsite, something I've never done before. :wishluck:

Jim

Yup, Giordano's pizza and onsite grading are definitely on my list as well. I've been picking out the 10 or so books I'll have graded...

We need to get this thread hopping, as two weeks from now the festivities will all be over and we'll be wishing it was 2011 already :sumo:

This year I'm hoping to come home with a piece of quality artwork. A Neal Adams, Kirby or Byrne page are at the top of my list.

I didn't have any Giordanos pizza at C2E2 and I hope to rectify that by next Thursday at the latest.

I'm also going to bring a half dozen books for onsite, something I've never done before. :wishluck:

Jim

What kind of Byrne page are you looking for? Marvel, DC...70's 80's?

We need to get this thread hopping, as two weeks from now the festivities will all be over and we'll be wishing it was 2011 already :sumo:

This year I'm hoping to come home with a piece of quality artwork. A Neal Adams, Kirby or Byrne page are at the top of my list.

Jim

It needs to be an X-Men page (but I'd settle for an Alpha Flight if it featured Guardian/Vindicator/Weapon Alpha).

Jim

Jim

Yup, Giordano's pizza and onsite grading are definitely on my list as well. I've been picking out the 10 or so books I'll have graded...

I've been thinking about trying Geno's this year.

Jim

Nothing wrong with Gino's (I've eaten there many times), but as a Chicagoan for the first 30 years of my life, there's nothing better than Giordano's...

Jim

Nothing wrong with Gino's (I've eaten there many times), but as a Chicagoan for the first 30 years of my life, there's nothing better than Giordano's...

My wife would agree with you and while I do like it, it's not my fav.

@Doc - Try Gino's...I would be shocked if you didn't like it (thumbs u

Jim

Let me know how it is :thumbsup:

Jim

Jim

It needs to be an X-Men page (but I'd settle for an Alpha Flight if it featured Guardian/Vindicator/Weapon Alpha).

Jim

Ah, too bad..I have a fairly nice Superman page...but I'm looking for an AF page myself. The one I really regret not buying was an Iron Fist splash page about 10 years back that I could've afforded but decided against as it would have been all the cash I had on hand :frustrated:

Jim

Let me know how it is :thumbsup:

Jim

:makepoint: and :makepoint:

Jim

How can a pizza joint named Geno's be bad? How I ask.

You people are nuts. Giordano's is too much of a chain and their pizza is hit and miss. One of these years, someone is going to listen when I say that you need to try Lou Malnati's. It's the bomb.

Jim

I've been thinking about trying Gino's this year.

How can a pizza joint named Gino's be bad? How I ask.

The cooks have to wear hair nets... all over their bodies.

i have to agree with transplant that Lou Malnati's is by far the best pizza in chicago just make sure you get cumbled sausage instead of sausage patti.

The best deep dish in Chicago is Old World Pizza, and I am ashamed of the all the Chicagoans who are trying to keep it a secret. (tsk)

As a life long Chicagoan...this is the first time I've heard of it (shrug)

The best deep dish in Chicago is Old World Pizza, and I am ashamed of the all the Chicagoans who are trying to keep it a secret. (tsk)

As a life long Chicagoan...this is the first time I've heard of it (shrug)

Had it for the first time a couple of years ago. It is out in BFE. It has won the Trib's best pizza award before.

You people are nuts. Giordano's is too much of a chain and their pizza is hit and miss. One of these years, someone is going to listen when I say that you need to try Lou Malnati's. It's the bomb.

Lou Malnati's is better than Giordano's most of the time, and ALWAYS better than Gino's East, which is an overrated tourist trap (like Al's Beef). Anyone interested in real Chicago classics needs to try Gene and Jude's. Best dogs in Chicago and only a few miles down River Road. I never miss it during con time. Johnnie's Beef on North Ave is also nothing short of great. One of the tastiest beefs in Chicago hands down.