• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

I know there's a forum dinner at Gibson's on Saturday, so I don't want to step on anyone's toes...but would anybody be up for Giordano's on Saturday as an alternative? First round of brew on me! ( lord help me :)

:frustrated:(tsk):censored::sumo:

As a fellow Illinoisan, you can have Giordano's any time you want. How often do you get to hang with a ton of cool fellow collectors AND eat a steak the size of your head?

If you come to the forum dinner instead, first drink is on me. <3

Alan

I know there's a forum dinner at Gibson's on Saturday, so I don't want to step on anyone's toes...but would anybody be up for Giordano's on Saturday as an alternative? First round of brew on me! ( lord help me :)

As a fellow Illinoisan, you can have Giordano's any time you want. How often do you get to hang with a ton of cool fellow collectors AND eat a steak the size of your head?

Alan

Trust me, I would love to. The $150 for me and the wifey is what's giving me pause right now..mainly because of recent expenses ( new house we just moved into ).

But Michael Wayne it isn`t always about the food but the atmosphere :baiting:

When Drew and I went to our first real show together, we didn`t know a soul in this hobby period. We`re staying in the Courtyard and we order a pizza, so the desk says order Giordanos, so we do. The two of us decide we are starving and order a large. doh!

An hour later this box that weighs 25 pounds arrives and I almost drop it. We each forced ourselves to have two slices and the rest went to waste. I was so mind blown I took a picture of it and sent a pic back to Barb.

I`ve eaten there with Nik, last year instead of Gibsons we ate there on the Saturday night. I`ll go anywhere you want, but my heart will always be at Giordanos :cloud9:

It`s bad enough we`re not staying at the Courtyard this year for the first time ever, baby steps man, baby steps :thumbsup:

JJ

Have I ever steered you wrong with Chicago food?

Sliders :cloud9:

JJ

:sick::sick:

Thus far the only decent food mentioned in this thread has been Gene and Judes and Johnnie's Beef (you're welcome, October). Oh yeah, and Gibson's ... have I mentioned there's a forum dinner on Saturday?

(Although I must admit to being curious about Old World Pizza (aka Fat Ricky's). In a strange coincidence, I had their regular crust on Saturday down at Brad's ... and now I want to try the deep dish. Thanks, Sean.)

Alan

Alan

Trust me, I would love to. The $150 for me and the wifey is what's giving me pause right now..mainly because of recent expenses ( new house we just moved into ).

Okay, first two rounds of drinks are on me, then. For you AND the wife. :D

Alan, Lou and I would love to make it but I can't commit just yet as I have a few things scheduled for that week and not all plans are finalized. Will let you know if we can make it.

Folks, it's well worth the extra effort IMO. We've gone for the past 3 years. It's a room full of terrific food, terrific people, terrific comic conversation and I can say that every year there are special things that happen that we would have missed out on otherwise.

(thumbs u

(Although I must admit to being curious about Old World Pizza (aka Fat Ricky's). In a strange coincidence, I had their regular crust on Saturday down at Brad's ... and now I want to try the deep dish. Thanks, Sean.)

Alan

NP, Alan. I'm not a Chicagoan, but most days i wish I were. I get up there 5 or 6 times a year and have a bunch of cronies that range from uber-foodies to bar belly-uppers and get a lot of good meals courtesy of all of them.

The best deep dish in Chicago is Old World Pizza, and I am ashamed of the all the Chicagoans who are trying to keep it a secret. (tsk)

As a life long Chicagoan...this is the first time I've heard of it (shrug)

Its in Elmwood park and does not count , outside of the city :P

I set up at this show in 2007. Had a great time and am coming back this year.(My grandson wants to tour Wheaton college, so we'll do that Monday).To the NC hirer- I'm a WF grad (Go Deacs) and hate both UNC and DOOK.

Check me out (booths 337-446) and bring your want lists. I can't believe how many people come to shows and say "I left my list in 1. the car or 2. at home or 3. in the hotel room. A true collector should always have his primary list handy. Besides helping you find what you're looking for, it speeds you along when there are so many dealers booths to check out.

In all the talk about where to eat, I didn't see a mention of the place we found last time and have drooled over for three years. We lucked into a place called the Rose Garden in Elk Grove Village, and can't wait to get back there. Anyone ever tried it?

I set up at this show in 2007. Had a great time and am coming back this year.(My grandson wants to tour Wheaton college, so we'll do that Monday).To the NC hirer- I'm a WF grad (Go Deacs) and hate both UNC and DOOK.

Check me out (booths 337-446) and bring your want lists. I can't believe how many people come to shows and say "I left my list in 1. the car or 2. at home or 3. in the hotel room. A true collector should always have his primary list handy. Besides helping you find what you're looking for, it speeds you along when there are so many dealers booths to check out.

In all the talk about where to eat, I didn't see a mention of the place we found last time and have drooled over for three years. We lucked into a place called the Rose Garden in Elk Grove Village, and can't wait to get back there. Anyone ever tried it?

lol getting lectured by a demon deacon. Being the 5th best school in the state does have it's advantages.

WTTB Bob

We'll miss you in Salem. Have a good time in Chi-Town.

Thus far the only decent food mentioned in this thread has been Gene and Judes and Johnnie's Beef (you're welcome, October).

Did you originally tell me about both of those? I know I went to Gene and Jude's because of your recommendation, but don't recall who let me know about Johnnie's.

I am in a deep Chicago-related food depression. My favorite pizza place, John's Pizza in Brookfield, a true hole-in-the-wall, has now closed. I literally, this is not a joke, ordered their delivery before I left the airport every single time I flew in to Midway. Guess I will have to settle for Lou Malnati's now. First Spaghetti Bowl, now this. They are dropping like flies!