• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2010

324 posts in this topic

Thus far the only decent food mentioned in this thread has been Gene and Judes and Johnnie's Beef (you're welcome, October).

Did you originally tell me about both of those? I know I went to Gene and Jude's because of your recommendation, but don't recall who let me know about Johnnie's.

Yessir, twas little old me that recommended Johnnie's to you. The first meal you had there was with me and my stepson ... I remember the two of you yakking about the '80s Ghostbusters cartoons on the way there, then you ordered the combo and "made sure to eat some of the beef separate in order to get its full flavor." Or something like that. :D

(Although I must admit to being curious about Old World Pizza (aka Fat Ricky's). In a strange coincidence, I had their regular crust on Saturday down at Brad's ... and now I want to try the deep dish. Thanks, Sean.)

Alan

NP, Alan. I'm not a Chicagoan, but most days i wish I were. I get up there 5 or 6 times a year and have a bunch of cronies that range from uber-foodies to bar belly-uppers and get a lot of good meals courtesy of all of them.

Sean, you're all right in my book, buddy. :) And I owe you a beer (or the functional adult beverage equivalent) at the forum dinner. I tried a stuffed Old World Pizza last night and it was great! It could have used a bit more sausage, and the crust was a hair below Giordano's, but overall it was a helluva pie. Plus it was cheap for the quantity -- I'm going to be eating leftovers all weekend! Thanks again.

Alan

Thus far the only decent food mentioned in this thread has been Gene and Judes and Johnnie's Beef (you're welcome, October).

Did you originally tell me about both of those? I know I went to Gene and Jude's because of your recommendation, but don't recall who let me know about Johnnie's.

Yessir, twas little old me that recommended Johnnie's to you. The first meal you had there was with me and my stepson ... I remember the two of you yakking about the '80s Ghostbusters cartoons on the way there, then you ordered the combo and "made sure to eat some of the beef separate in order to get its full flavor." Or something like that. :D

Oh yeah! The Real Ghostbusters. :cloud9:

i always prefer going to paradise pup on river rd and oakton one of the best burgers in town right next to kuma's korner.

Kuma's Korner is tops in my book! Long wait but sooo worth it! (thumbs u

Kuma's rocks. Both in food and atmosphere. The wife and I hit that place every few weeks. It's a long haul from Rosemont but way worth it if you like listening to serious metal while you commit bovine genocide.

(thumbs u :headbang:

i always prefer going to paradise pup on river rd and oakton one of the best burgers in town right next to kuma's korner.

Kuma's rocks. Both in food and atmosphere. The wife and I hit that place every few weeks. It's a long haul from Rosemont but way worth it if you like listening to serious metal while you commit bovine genocide.

Um, Steve? Kuma's is like a ten minute drive from the convention center down I-90. People will spend more time looking for parking than getting there. :confused:

Um, Steve? Kuma's is like a ten minute drive from the convention center down I-90. People will spend more time looking for parking than getting there. :confused:

The wait at that place, even during off-hours, is frequently nuts. The burgers are slamming, but eating there is a hassle.

The wait at that place, even during off-hours, is frequently nuts. The burgers are slamming, but eating there is a hassle.

I concur. Luckily there's the bar across the street that you can chill at and have a few adult beverages while waiting for your reservation. AND in the winter hours they allow take out.

I-90 can be a traffic pain depending on the time, and if there's any construction.

I don't mind the wait at Kuma's. Almost always manage to get seats at the bar within 30 minutes, and I like the music and the atmosphere. Tattoos, piercings, and metal plus the scent of burgers cooking on the grill.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Might have to go tonight! lol

Someone mentioned a parking area that was about a five to ten minute walk.

Might be the train station up North River Rd. It's about a 10 minute walk and I know I looked into parking a couple of years ago and that was relatively cheap compared to hotels. I just didn't want to do the walk.

I recommend parking at the garage across from the convention center. Also, unless it's raining, I avoid the skyway that connects the center to the garage-it meanders quite a bit. If you're into walking, by all means. Also, the lot by the L train is cheaper. If you want to take the train, the blue line has a stop right there, about a 10 minute walk to the convention center.

There's a multi level parking garage directly across from the convention center, with walkway access to the con from said garage

I started to mention that, but I thought it might belong to the Hyatt.

Normally it probably does belong to them, but when conventions are in town they lease it. Parking is $11 for the day

I'll be flying thursday, the 19th and just booked it so I'll have a 7 hour layover at ohare. perfect!

my question is, how is thursday for the show? is everyone setup already? is there alot to see on the first day?

thanks