• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's that time of the month- post your CLINK wins/heartbreaks

620 posts in this topic

only thing i got was this. not the nicest 9.2 but lowest recorded gpa on it, so i dont mind

RAD9EE682010113_9530.jpg

Nice pickup! (thumbs u LOTS of GPA lows set on this eve...doesn't bode well for Heritage and Qualitycomix. :eek:

The Cap 117 CGC 9.8 sold for 7368.00 Alot lower than the buyer wanted.

He should be happy......not even a first tier hero The book is incredibly tough in super HG, but 7K?

Unbelievable

Guarantee you the seller is anything but happy. Anybody who lists a book for 35k and has it sell for 7300 aint gonna be happy.

Especially if it was Josh who convinced him to take it off fixed price listings and put it up for auction.

A flurry of last minute bidding on the Avengers books. But final prices were still erratic.

#71 9.8 sold for $2411, double the only recorded sale (in 2006).

#72 9.8 sold for $1311. Previous sale was $2500 (Aug 2009).

#74 9.8 sold for $760. Previous sale was $2500 (Mar 2009).

#78 9.8 sold for $601. Previous sale was $2400 (Aug 2009).

And on and on.

74, and 78 were fugly books. The price matches the book and not the grade.

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Jeff?

OK, the #78 has a slight miswrap. But the #74? What's so fugly about it?

Wewt! :banana:

RADA9B342010129_143549.jpg

I'm lovin' this book today even more than yesterday. This will be the lowest-grade CGC book I own, but the damage appears to mostly be a 5" color-breaking crease on the lower right corner that hides VERY well in the art. That's the only kind of mid-grade book I've been able to find at all attractive, the kind with one major, subtle defect. :cloud9: A GREAT placeholder until one of you guys sell me your 8.0 or 8.5 copies!!! :wishluck:

Did I get this from a board member? I at least know it was in a registry set and removed last night...

Looks like a great copy James, placeholder or no! The cover is nice and white and shows very little translucency...congrats. (thumbs u

As for the "outrage" that Josh is somehow responsible for the low prices, that's ridiculous - Josh doesn't set the prices, the buyers do, and it looks like there are lots of happy buyers. :acclaim:

I don't see any slowdown in the quantity of offerings this year either - if Josh runs fewer auctions, someone else will pick up the slack. Having consigned books to Josh over the last few years, I can tell you that there are "waiting lists" to have books listed (if there are other copies in the same grade). Last time I sent Josh a list of books for sale (9.4/9.6 silver and bronze with many books "worth" $300-800), no one even bothered to respond so I decided to keep 'em.

I feel badly for the buyers who paid out the nose for 9.6/9.8 top census post-1965 SA/BA Marvels over the last 1-2 years, and predict there will be no shortage of nice SA/BA key books offered this year at 2004/2005 prices. :wishluck:

The Cap 117 CGC 9.8 sold for 7368.00 Alot lower than the buyer wanted.

i think you mean seller..not buyer..wasn't the asking price on the site in the neighbrohood of $30K?

The ASM #122 in 9.6 went for a little more than (2 bills or so) than the 9.4 which looked a litte strange (maybe mis-cut?) that just sold for $535 i think.... :frustrated:

Another reason (unknown if mentioned) is that maybe peeps are saving $ for upcoming shows...????