• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anaheim submits proposal to move San Diego Comic-Con

110 posts in this topic

The city of Anaheim submitted a proposal to move Comic-Con to Anaheim in late February.

5 Reasons to Move Comic-Con to Anaheim

http://www.thewrap.com/article/memo-comic-con-pack-anaheim-14630

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i3d331a733bc9b8248420c3bd082724ff?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ffilm+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Film%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

The city of Anaheim is trying to lure the annual comic book and sci-fi convention called Comic-Con from its home in San Diego.

Anaheim officials confirmed this week that they have submitted a proposal to Comic-Con board members to host the event at the Anaheim Convention Center in 2013.

The Orange County city says its convention center is bigger and it's closer to Hollywood and Los Angeles. The San Diego convention center has also submitted a proposal to keep Comic-Con there through 2015.

There is a certain air to being at Comic con San Diego,exciting.I must say if it moves to Anaheim it would be right in my backyard,no hotels to reserve,paying a ton on gas,no sightseeing money spent.I could spend it all on comics,and that's good too. :cloud9:

One thing about Anaheim is the proximity to Disneyland... I wonder if the Marvel presence will be boosted there. (Disney now owns Marvel.) hm

By 2013, there will be an additional 4-5 movies out including all the potential blockbusters... (Captain America: First Avenger, Thor, The Avengers?)

Iron Man 2 looks like a sure-fire hit.

Spider-man will be rebooted.

Wolverine 2? X-men First Class?

The new movies will also probably be shot in 3D (like Avatar).

One thing about Anaheim is the proximity to Disneyland... I wonder if the Marvel presence will be boosted there. hm

I didn't think of that hm

I did'nt think of that either,Disney owns Marvel so it would make sense to have the convention tie into Disney.Disney has some very deep pockets,Welcome Comic con to Anaheim :headbang:

It would be closer for me, too, but I'd rather it stay in SD. I love San Diego, and frankly, if you don't want to spend a lot of money going to Disneyland, what else is there to do around the Anaheim Convention Center?

It would be closer for me, too, but I'd rather it stay in SD. I love San Diego, and frankly, if you don't want to spend a lot of money going to Disneyland, what else is there to do around the Anaheim Convention Center?

see an angels game? we make SD a 5 day family vacation, w/ one day at the con. don't see that happening for us in Anaheim.

I don't mind comicon leaving SD. I love SD too, but not so much comicon. I take my vacations during the summer, preferrably around my birthday, which happens to be right around the time comicon takes place. Impossible for me to take my vacation birthday in my preferred location :boo:

And nobody wants to take a vacation to Anaheim lol

I guess unless they got Disneyland tickets

I don't know why Anaheim wants Comic Con. They have there own, it's called "Wizard World". By 2012 San Diego should be finish with there expansion so I really don't see it going anywhere. There is just to much money that San Diego would lose if this where to happen. It would really affect there economy. Plus I live 30 minutes from there so I don't want to drive all the way up to Anaheim lol

LAX sucks

'nuff said

But you'd probably want to fly into John Wayne for Anaheim.

Not from Canada. LA sucks for traffic. :sick:

LAX sucks

'nuff said

But you'd probably want to fly into John Wayne for Anaheim.

Not from Canada. LA sucks for traffic. :sick:

You could, but it would be a connecting flight in Seattle. Long Beach would be another option, but again, you'd have to switch planes.