• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which will be the best long term investment: Tecs or Actions?

283 posts in this topic

Like everyone has said already, early Detective comics specifically pre-robin tecs and early actions are great investments. I don't think prices for the most coveted issues will go down. It's a safe bet that's for sure.. As for the pre-bat tecs, the prices for them recently have gone down collectively. Maybe it's a good time to buy pre-robin tecs to fill those holes? I am not too familiar with Tec 1-26, but when I sold my Tec 18 7.0 on heritage, i thought it went for a decent price.

I suspect you can't go wrong with either Action #1-13 or Detective #27-39. I think most comic collectors would dream of owning a single issue out of either. Really depends on what you pay for a given issue - all those issues have a demand, but not all will sell for huge multiples of guide.

As much as I like the Superman and Batman covers, I still am drawn to the non-hero covers - just love that O'Mealia :cloud9:, Flessel and Guardineer cover art. Lots cheaper and you still get a Shuster Superman or Kane Batman inside the covers.

The 7.0 Tec 18 was yours? Yes, that was a very good price. It was also a very pretty book.

Thanks! It was indeed a beautiful book. The colors were on it were rich and fresh. I think the pages were white though. Good selling price, but the 19.5% buyers premium knocked me down :cry:

I think that everyone should invest in Detective comics now. Stay away from the Actions, they are way overrated.

lol

Funny, I think the exactly the opposite, stay away from Tecs, Actions are the way to go

I think that everyone should invest in Detective comics now. Stay away from the Actions, they are way overrated.

lol

Funny, I think the exactly the opposite, stay away from Tecs, Actions are the way to go

:tonofbricks:

... As for the pre-bat tecs, the prices for them recently have gone down collectively.
If that is the case, and you have more experience than I, it has been a good time to build runs in the under 26 group. On the other hand, last Sunday HA.com had a #15 that ". . . . Centerfold missing, affecting story, cover detached from bottom staple, 2" x 2" sticker at top right of first page. " sold for $1000!

From an investment standpoint I would recoomend tecs (27-40) and action 1-15 before I would ever say buy pre bat tecs for investment...unfortunately I would only buy pre bat tecs if you love them and want to collect them but my guess is that the will continue to decline in price (like more funs and adv etc)

Both, they are icons. either way you win.It doesn`t take rocket science to figure it out. Other then maybe a few certain Timelys, they are good as you can get for long-term investments. :)

kinda like someone investing in the Amazing Spider-man comics in the silverage,

a no brainer.

From an investment standpoint I would recoomend tecs (27-40) and action 1-15 before I would ever say buy pre bat tecs for investment...unfortunately I would only buy pre bat tecs if you love them and want to collect them but my guess is that the will continue to decline in price (like more funs and adv etc)

I'd say Action war covers are a good investment too.

i am ALL OVER a d.c. coming up for sale in the next few days---i want it so, so badly

OK Mr. Parker, has the sale come & gone? Did you get the book? What was it? Given your anti-DC proclivity, I'm consumed with curiosity.

definitely! I've seen a definite upswing in prices on them lately, judging by the last few Clink auctions and a few eBay sales. thank God I've got most of them already and bought them for the most part at reasonable prices.

in fact I just bought two more this weekend at C2E2.

Using the Guide as a common denominator, the question is . . .

Action 1-15 -----> Prices realized over\near or under guide?

Action 16-30 -----> Prices realized over\near or under guide?

Tec 1-5 -----> Prices realized over\near or under guide?

Tect 6-26 -----> Prices realized over\near or under guide?

Tec 27-40 -----> Prices realized over\near or under guide?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

definitely! I've seen a definite upswing in prices on them lately, judging by the last few Clink auctions and a few eBay sales. thank God I've got most of them already and bought them for the most part at reasonable prices.

in fact I just bought two more this weekend at C2E2.

TWO more? hm Am I just forgeting one, or did you pick up another one I wasn't aware of?

Ahhhhh---- the conchink of "investment"

Do you notice a 'continuing reality" in the threads- Threads focusing only on certain DC books..... Focus on only DC. Focus on the same # issue?

I mean this in a non-belligerent sense, but rather in a rhetorical sense: " Don't you get tired of talking about the same ten-fifteen books?"

Maybe we should just push "auto response" when variation of the same question is asked again and again about GA or DC.....

Of course, one should not throw money down the tubes, but the GA portion of the hobby has so much more to offer (other than dollars)...

Jon

Ahhhhh---- the conchink of "investment"

Do you notice a 'continuing reality" in the threads- Threads focusing only on certain DC books..... Focus on only DC. Focus on the same # issue?

I mean this in a non-belligerent sense, but rather in a rhetorical sense: " Don't you get tired of talking about the same ten-fifteen books?"

Maybe we should just push "auto response" when variation of the same question is asked again and again about GA or DC.....

Of course, one should not throw money down the tubes, but the GA portion of the hobby has so much more to offer (other than dollars)...

Jon

(worship)

I made a similar post a couple days ago