• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Take a look at the seller's feedback for the Hulk #1 that sold a couple of weeks ago on eBay for $50k... The seller sent the buyer an empty box. Unbelievable. The buyers feedback said something along the lines of "after 10 days received empty box. Jail in future.".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162212536632

Edited by comicquant

Take a look at the seller's feedback for the Hulk #1 that sold a couple of weeks ago on eBay for $50k... The seller sent the buyer an empty box. Unbelievable. The buyers feedback said something along the lines of "after 10 days received empty box. Jail in future.".

:eek:

Look at his Ebay profile picture he is laughing his head off e714_7.JPG?set_id=81 ....this is really a sick situation for the buyer!!

I hope justice is served and the guy gets 10 plus years in prison. I believe Ebay only covers the first 10 000$.

Why take such a risk when buying a book of this value go with a well known dealer or auction house.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

Why take a risk if the buyer's past feedbacks have all been items in the $10-$20 range and then all of a sudden a 5 figure item!>! Come on now, gotta be smarter than that.. I feel bad for the buyer.. I hope he gets his $ back too and that guy can burn in prison.

Why take a risk if the buyer's past feedbacks have all been items in the $10-$20 range and then all of a sudden a 5 figure item!>! Come on now, gotta be smarter than that.. I feel bad for the buyer.. I hope he gets his $ back too and that guy can burn in prison.

Agreed!! Prison is where this guy deserves to be and hopefully for a long long time. Should have had the guy film shipping it out and putting it in the box that way he would have more proof nothing was sent out and have the seller send him the video.....witch he would have not done but at least there would be more proof of him been a thief.

I'd love to know the details of that bogus 8.0 auction because I doubt it could've been completed via PayPal, at least not in one single transaction. And if you split payment up into several payments, I believe PayPal won't protect you. And of course, paying outside of PayPal, eBay isn't going to give you any protection either, so hopefully the buyer just never paid.

I'd love to know the details of that bogus 8.0 auction because I doubt it could've been completed via PayPal, at least not in one single transaction. And if you split payment up into several payments, I believe PayPal won't protect you. And of course, paying outside of PayPal, eBay isn't going to give you any protection either, so hopefully the buyer just never paid.

Maybe a bank wire transfer that would be really not smart on the buyer's part.

The only way for the buyer to be sure about protection is to have used paypal or his credit card to purchase in a single transaction.

Only Sellers with the right history and reputation can even be allowed to do a transaction that big in one shot. My limit per sale sat at $10K for years, before i could get it raised to $100K. And it was only because of demonstration of many four and five figure transactions.

BTW, i think we'll see a paypal rules amendment soon covering multiple payments for a single purchase, provided certain prereqs are there.....but nothing has surfaced to date.

i hope this buyer gets every nickel back, and the seller does at least a nickel at the nearest federal penitentiary!

Joey

Just when you think someone can't fall any further.....I used to know this individual and have messaged him about this matter. I am hoping his Ebay was hacked and he didnt actually do this. I have a feeling he did and he might have given the money to an unknowing 3rd party.

Edited by Diamonddave

Another soft result tonight on Heritage: a 4.5 CR-OW with minimal chipping, but a small piece missing from the back cover, sold for $10,755 -- a two year GPA low.

Can't always be record setting prices....some back and forth but in the end there is more moving forward over the years and it will continue to be like that till it maxes out one day (if that happens). Good for the buyer it is nice to get a bargain every once in a while. The paper quality must have turned some people off....I for one would not want this book with cream pages of any kind (I am OK with cream pages on the following key books SC4, BB28 and TTA27 that is it for the top 10 SA books).

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

Another soft result tonight on Heritage: a 4.5 CR-OW with minimal chipping, but a small piece missing from the back cover, sold for $10,755 -- a two year GPA low.

Only in the high grades does Hulk1 seem to make headlines as of late. Not surprisingly, there seems to be at least 1 mid grade copy offered practically at every auction (CC, CL, HA)

Only in the high grades does Hulk1 seem to make headlines as of late. Not surprisingly, there seems to be at least 1 mid grade copy offered practically at every auction (CC, CL, HA)

Yeah, the last time I looked at the census (a few months ago) there had been a significant increase in mid-grade copies. I think we are seeing the results of that increase in supply.

Still, it's interesting to see AF 15 continue to move from strength to strength across the grades, while IH 1 is now clearly trending downward below the high grades.

Still, it's interesting to see AF 15 continue to move from strength to strength across the grades, while IH 1 is now clearly trending downward below the high grades.

Well, so much for some of the talk going around last year or at the beginning of this year that Hulk #1 might eventually be challenging AF 15 for the top SA title one day, especially considering its relative rarity in high grade as compared to AF 15. (shrug)