• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

This CGC 7.5 sold for 37 500$ tonight on ComicConnect.

Link:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=681662

The CGC 8.5 is almost at 100 000$ with 1 day left.

Link:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=682667

Well the CGC 8.5 ended at 132 000$....is that higher that what a similar graded AF15 would fetch?

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

Link:

The CGC 8.5 is almost at 100 000$ with 1 day left.

Link:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=682667

Well the CGC 8.5 ended at 132 000$....is that higher that what a similar graded AF15 would fetch?

Gonna be close, but I think an AF 15 CGC 8.5 would sell at least $150k

Link:

The 7.5 went on the low end of the GPA range but if it had sold after the 8.5 it probably would have fetched more.

Today's result is decent but I thought it would go for more. 2.5 times the last GPA from 2011 and double the Don and Maggie copy from 2013 is still a decen increase, though. AF #15 would fetch more.

I think there is a lot of auction fatigue happening.

There were also waaaaaay too many Hulk 1's offered in this auction at one time, and too close in grades to each other.

Come on Vince, spread that out a little bit.

-J.

I don't think it's any fault of the auction house, it's the consignors that want to consign them right now due to varying reasons. Unless of course the auction house would tell each and every consignor who has the same book they'd like to sell but all in different grades that there will be multiple other copies in the auction, than that would be a different story.

There were also waaaaaay too many Hulk 1's offered in this auction at one time, and too close in grades to each other.

-J.

I don't think it's any fault of the auction house, it's the consignors that want to consign them right now due to varying reasons. Unless of course the auction house would tell each and every consignor who has the same book they'd like to sell but all in different grades that there will be multiple other copies in the auction, than that would be a different story.

My comment on auction fatigue wasn't really based on the Hulk #1's.

There were quite a few but I've come to expect that, and I don't think a bidder on an 8.5 is going to really bid on a 7.5 or 5.5 (although the 5.5 and the 6.0 were a little close IMO).

But there were a LOT of big books in this auction and a few people I spoke to that may have gone after more than 1 big book in this auction didn't go all out in case they actually won and couldn't afford a second big book.

Let's face it, an auction with many 6 figure books is a big auction (and we just finished Comiclink and Heritage as well) and most people don't have pockets that deep to spend on funny books even if they are millionaires.

-J.

My comment on auction fatigue wasn't really based on the Hulk #1's.

There were quite a few but I've come to expect that, and I don't think a bidder on an 8.5 is going to really bid on a 7.5 or 5.5 (although the 5.5 and the 6.0 were a little close IMO).

But there were a LOT of big books in this auction and a few people I spoke to that may have gone after more than 1 big book in this auction didn't go all out in case they actually won and couldn't afford a second big book.

Let's face it, an auction with many 6 figure books is a big auction (and we just finished Comiclink and Heritage as well) and most people don't have pockets that deep to spend on funny books even if they are millionaires.

I agree with your comments that there is some auction fatigue going on and even people out on vacation who maybe forgot to bid or have too much expenses at the moment. Perhaps if the CC consignors agreed to have time payments for the bigger books, than we can certainly see higher sale prices for those we thought that went for bargains, but that is not the case. I know the Lasry collection had time payment plans for every book auctioned I believe. And it seems that buyers/investors/collectors are targeting specific books hence why we see some books selling at record prices while others are selling for lower than average. There is just so many things going on.

When you consider that we now have 12 significant auctions per year, plus cons, plus eBay, plus Hake's, plus extensive offerings on dealers' sites ... it's amazing how much material the hobby is able to absorb these days.