• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

The supply of this book has caught up to the demand, used to be fairly tough but the huge price increases of the last few years have brought a lot of copies to market. Looks like prices have peaked for the foreseeable future on this one. (thumbs u

The supply of this book has caught up to the demand, used to be fairly tough but the huge price increases of the last few years have brought a lot of copies to market. Looks like prices have peaked for the foreseeable future on this one. (thumbs u

If you're talking about Hulk #1 I'd disagree.

There was a large bounce when the 9.0 copy sold for $300K in 2014 and then things cooled for a while as they always do but the book has actually picked up again, especially in higher grades, which if consistent, draw up lower grade copies. And higher grade copies continue to climb although I thought the 8.5 would have finished higher if it happened just a few weeks earlier.

Dumping a ton of copies at the end of 3 exhaustive auctions is a lot to absorb (and many other books that are hot went relatively cheap in this auction as well).

Not sure, I guess we'll see what the future holds but the present shows fairly stable prices in the mid-grades over the last 2 years.

Hulk1_GPA_zpsuxrkv021.jpg

Edited by drbanner

If you're talking about Hulk #1 I'd disagree.

There was a large bounce when the 9.0 copy sold for $300K in 2014 and then things cooled for a while as they always do but the book has actually picked up again, especially in higher grades, which if consistent, draw up lower grade copies. And higher grade copies continue to climb although I thought the 8.5 would have finished higher if it happened just a few weeks earlier.

Dumping a ton of copies at the end of 3 exhaustive auctions is a lot to absorb (and many other books that are hot went relatively cheap in this auction as well).

When did a Hulk #1 in 9.0 sell for $300K in 2014? Considering that I sold the Hulk #1 9.0 at San Diego July 2014 that would be quite a leap

Bob

Edited by blazingbob

When did a Hulk #1 in 9.0 sell for $300K in 2014? Considering that I sold the Hulk #1 9.0 at San Diego July 2014 that would be quite a leap

Bob

Sorry, that was a typo. A 9.2 sold for $300K and a 9.0 sold for $178K

Last 9.0 I saw was $75k on CC like 5-6 years ago.

I believe the last 9.0 sale on GPA @ $178K was Bob's (correct me if I'm wrong)

Comiclink also just sold a 9.0 for $275K this summer. It's a legit sale as I've spoken to the buyer about it.

CC resold the Northland 9.2 for $375 recently.

I don't know about that. Sparkle City got nearly $18K for a 5.5 recently in an eBay auction when it was recently plateaued as a $15K book for the longest time.

I just sold my 5.0 for a good number.

I've seen other copies selling.

I know that some were soft in the CC auction but I think many books were soft because of auction fatigue.

I agree that in lower grades it's more common and not rising as quickly but the book seems to be moving. Just my observation.

I don't know about that. Sparkle City got nearly $18K for a 5.5 recently in an eBay auction when it was recently plateaued as a $15K book for the longest time.

I just sold my 5.0 for a good number.

I've seen other copies selling.

I know that some were soft in the CC auction but I think many books were soft because of auction fatigue.

I agree that in lower grades it's more common and not rising as quickly but the book seems to be moving. Just my observation.

In the CC auction, a 5.5 OW-W with some significant chipping sold for $16,200.

That's about 10% off the Sparkle City copy price.

Do you think that price is bullish or bearish?

I'll cop out and say it was a middling result. The census count for mid-grade IH 1s is certainly up and it seems pretty clear that prices in that range have at least stalled, imo.

Chipping is one thing that I do see quite often hitting prices in the negative.

-J.

Finally in the club. Aside from Cap 1, this has been my grail for a few decades. Interesting story.. It's christmas day and I get pulled over by an officer from my town. He nicely asks for my license and registration.. I'm thinking.. I'm only doing 28mph in a 25mph zone but my car is an absolute magnet for getting pulled over. Surely, this can't be the reason I thought.. I asked him why I was pulled over and he tells me a tail light is out. My girl in the passenger seat isn't saying much..He goes to his cruiser, comes back and hands me my license and registration back and says.. by the way, someone wanted me to give you this..He hands me a frame with a pic of my new hulk in it.

All 3 of us just started laughing..talked for a few minutes and we took a few pictures, including a shot of me sitting in the cruiser. lol She always manages to surprise me somehow but this one was easily her best attempt thus far. Figured I'd share that with you all. Please bear in mind, this was a personal book (not business related). The police officers that set this up for me were perfectly fine with my posting this on the forums and on my FB account but asked me to keep it as personal and not business (which I had no intentions of anyway). We always hear about the bad stories involving the police but we never hear about the good things that they do for people in their communities. For once, I didn't mind getting pulled over. (thumbs u

s-l1600_zps5cd5hpe5.jpg

15697905_1607204975959929_2172571114936074276_n_zpsa2zovap1.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons