• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sriz said:

Some beautiful copies you guys have.   Makes me wanna join too

Now may be the right time because prices seem to have significantly softened, particularly up through lower mid grade.  Of course, you never know; they could soften even more from here.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Now may be the right time because prices seem to have significantly softened, particularly up through lower mid grade.  Of course, you never know; they could soften even more from here.

I think when we see the 1st Thor Ragnarok trailer that shows Hulk, we will start seeing Hulk 1 trend up again.  Just a hunch.

On 2017-02-21 at 7:40 PM, Sqeggs said:
On 2017-02-21 at 2:01 PM, Sriz said:

Actually, besides the CC auction in December which had multiple copies (too close in grade IMO) in various grades and with poor eye appeal and page quality which set some low GPA prices, the book seems to have been doing well. I've sold a 5.0 and a 5.5 (former 6.0) for strong money. I'd say just like with all books, the eye appeal, PQ and auction fatigue all play a factor in auction prices.

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
On 2/21/2017 at 7:40 PM, Sqeggs said:
On 2/21/2017 at 2:01 PM, Sriz said:

Actually, besides the CC auction in December which had multiple copies (too close in grade IMO) in various grades and with poor eye appeal and page quality which set some low GPA prices, the book seems to have been doing well. I've sold a 5.0 and a 5.5 (former 6.0) for strong money. I'd say just like with all books, the eye appeal, PQ and auction fatigue all play a factor in auction prices.

I hope you are right because I've got one coming up for sale soon. :wishluck:

But, overall, I think prices have softened, which is what we would expect from the census indicating that there has been a big increase in graded copies at mid grade and below over the past 18 months or so.

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Out of curiosity, what did your 5.5 sell for ? :baiting:

-J.

12 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:
59 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The 5.0 White just finished on Heritage for $13,145,  Had some significant chipping.

When GPA records the price, they should one for marvel chipping and one with no marvel chipping

It would make sense, but I don't see it happening. 

On 2017-02-24 at 8:52 PM, texmurphy2099 said:

that 8.5 voldy on comic connect looks pretty legit 

From what I can see that does look like a sharp copy for the grade.

On Thu Feb 23 2017 at 7:39 PM, Dark Knight said:

I think you can add around $2k on top of that copy IF it didn't have 

21 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

It appears with the spike in recent af15 sales, the cl 7.5 and 9.2 sales... That hulk 1 can still be had for "good value",  nice eye appeal 5.0's and above

The 6.0 on comiclink went for $23,250, which would be a GPA high if comiclink reported to them. :tonofbricks:

-J.