• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, gadzukes said:

That's a good looking Pence.  Yours? 

Yes, thank you. I have a few pence for my favs, but Hulk is my fav among the favs!  So I couldn't resist completing this pair for the 1st app.  Almost want to crack both of them out to have them sit on a shelf like this for real!    

Edited by Pantodude

On 9/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, Pantodude said:

Yes, thank you. I have a few pence for my favs, but Hulk is my fav among the favs!  So I couldn't resist completing this pair for the 1st app.  Almost want to crack both of them out to have them sit on a shelf like this for real!    

What's the grade on your UK Hulk 1.  The census shows only 4 grade higher than 5.0

On 9/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, gadzukes said:

What's the grade on your UK Hulk 1.  The census shows only 4 grade higher than 5.0

What's in a grade?  That which we call a graded book by any other name would smell as sweet!  Joking aside, we can message eachother so we don't hijack this thread.  Hope to post some more in the Hulk mini-series thread. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:14 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Could you provide a link to this book?  I'd like to learn more about it.

Found it!   https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900023

Cropped to leave out competitor slab name, but it's a 9.8 White with the comments as shown, including cert # if grader notes are available:

inc1_9792.thumb.jpg.ee0b92117bf7b720da5de77ccbfd47ff.jpg

Edited by Pantodude
cropped label

On 9/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, Pantodude said:

Cropped to leave out competitor slab name, but it's a 9.8 White with the comments as shown, including cert # if grader notes are available:

I'm glad CGC doesn't grade these abominations.  It's like what.... 5% of the comic is real?  I just don't see these as legitimate authentic copies.

:facepalm:The person who has the "#1 piece" from the Action Comics 1 should send his piece in and have them construct an entire comic around it.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:14 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:
On 8/31/2021 at 7:23 PM, Dark Knight said:

Would be interesting to see what that CBCS 9.8 IGB Corp. Hulk 1 book sells for tomorrow.  I believe it sold on social media for around $30k-$35k.  Don't really know the exact number as it was a private sale, but I do remember that was the asking price.  

Could you provide a link to this book?  I'd like to learn more about it.

Oops sorry for not responding until now.  My first time coming on today. Glad someone else posted the link.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Pantodude said:

Well, if the underbidder missed out on the CL copy, guess what!!!  There is another one practically identical over at Heritage :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cbcs-restored-nm-mt-98-ext-professional-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7246-94172.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Edited by Dark Knight

I had my Avengers 2 out today and noticed on the Splash page that Hulk only had 3 toes on each foot.

I wonder how many times that has happened thru the years?

It made me want to look at the Hulk 1 cover again to count the toes.

Um.... is it me or does Hulk have 8 toes on his left foot?

FullSizeRender-15.jpeg

FullSizeRender-17.jpeg

On 9/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, gadzukes said:

I had my Avengers 2 out today and noticed on the Splash page that Hulk only had 3 toes on each foot.

I wonder how many times that has happened thru the years?

It made me want to look at the Hulk 1 cover again to count the toes.

Um.... is it me or does Hulk have 8 toes on his left foot?

FullSizeRender-15.jpeg

FullSizeRender-17.jpeg

Haha!    I think it's more the big left toe is so wide it straddles both sides of Banner's foot.  And the extra folds along the side of that big left toe are just folds not drawn too well i guess.  Good catch tho! both this and the three-toed phenomenon!  Do you know how often the three toes has happened?

Edited by Pantodude

He’s got 3 fingers too.  Remember when Stan changed his name to Bob Banner by accident so they made his full name Robert Bruce Banner?  I feel bad for the poor kid who didn’t get a No-Prize for bringing it to Stan’s attention.

AC99F615-5C6F-4966-BD66-94405E6F50F5.jpeg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

On 9/17/2021 at 2:52 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

He’s got 3 fingers too.  Remember when Stan changed his name to Bob Banner by accident so they made his full name Robert Bruce Banner.  I feel bad for the poor kid who didn’t get a No-Prize for bringing it to Stan’s attention.

AC99F615-5C6F-4966-BD66-94405E6F50F5.jpeg

The Thing lost one of his toes and fingers too (I wonder if he lost any other appendages?) :wink:

On 9/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, Pantodude said:

Do you know how often the three toes has happened?

Often but not always. That was my favorite thing about him in Kirby's design actually, because it made Hulk seem surreal and different than any other characters (who the heck loses a toe or two when they become their alter ego) but Kirby was inconsistent.

Sometimes Hulk (or Thing) would have 3 fingers and toes, sometimes 3 toes and 4 fingers and sometimes 4 fingers and toes. Weird.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:04 PM, Pantodude said:

They say a solo (yes, SOLO!) World War Hulk movie is already in active development at Marvel Studios?   Hope that's true. 

I read all those books but I'm kind of forgetting the story.  Am I remembering correctly that it was basically "every hero in the world vs. Hulk and somehow Hulk wins and the only way they can stop him is shooting him into space," leading to the Planet Hulk arc?  They already (sort of) mined this material in Thor: Ragnarok, borrowing some of the premise and characters (but not the plot) of Planet Hulk.