• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2021 at 5:13 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I read all those books but I'm kind of forgetting the story.  Am I remembering correctly that it was basically "every hero in the world vs. Hulk and somehow Hulk wins and the only way they can stop him is shooting him into space," leading to the Planet Hulk arc?  They already (sort of) mined this material in Thor: Ragnarok, borrowing some of the premise and characters (but not the plot) of Planet Hulk.

A rumor still, but the implications would be huge.  The biggest question is how can this be without Marvel having regained the rights to the Hulk from Universal (maybe they did!), unless some major profit-sharing will take place between Marvel and Universal?  Either scenario would be kind of unprecedented for Hulk property.  As for the story, the rumor is that it will take place after whatever transpires in the She-Hulk D+ show, which will include Ruffalo's Dr. Banner in a supporting role, so perhaps we need to wait for that and see how it builds on Thor: Ragnorak.   In the comics, the World War Hulk story came after Planet Hulk stuff, which, as you noted, was lightly adapted in Thor: Ragnarok. 

Edited by Pantodude

On 10/31/2021 at 5:54 PM, grendelbo said:

My copy and it's companions. I've had these since the earliest days of my hobby when I was 11-12. #1 & #2 from a NM antique store. #102 from a LCS.

20210915_120507.thumb.jpg.5f6350e694458f7fc2db7853042afa53.jpg

Not so sure about that ... looks more like a VG antique store.  But still great copies!

On 10/31/2021 at 7:26 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Not so sure about that ... looks more like a VG antique store.  But still great copies!

New Mexico of course.

Regional scarcity of keys was once a thing out here.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:03 PM, Pantodude said:

A rumor still, but the implications would be huge.  The biggest question is how can this be without Marvel having regained the rights to the Hulk from Universal (maybe they did!), unless some major profit-sharing will take place between Marvel and Universal?  Either scenario would be kind of unprecedented for Hulk property.  As for the story, the rumor is that it will take place after whatever transpires in the She-Hulk D+ show, which will include Ruffalo's Dr. Banner in a supporting role, so perhaps we need to wait for that and see how it builds on Thor: Ragnorak.   In the comics, the World War Hulk story came after Planet Hulk stuff, which, as you noted, was lightly adapted in Thor: Ragnarok. 

OK, then I had the order backwards.  My (faulty?) memory was that Hulk wasn't around for Civil War because he was on Planet Hulk -- Reed and Tony sent him off into space right around the time they were cloning Thor.  All of this material needs to be mined very selectively because some of it was interesting, some of it kinda dumb.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, Loki6768 said:

I should not complain, but not a big fan of the Stan Lee signature on my book. Glad I got a copy.:)1959369033_Hulk1.png.a626579ff30182d7b4ac0ed14a203f3c.png

With the way Stan wrecked a lot of covers I think you did ok.  It's like he signed it in invisible ink.  Think how nasty that cover would have been if the signature was in thick black sharpie ink (right thru Banners face).

BTW.... congrats, it's a beautiful 6.0.

Edited by gadzukes

On 12/9/2021 at 11:40 AM, Jaydogrules said:

No it isn't good ?  Or no it isn't cheap ?

No it isn’t cheap. 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, Batmanis#1 said:

Compared to AF15 in the same grade is what I meant not cheap compared to many others.

Not sure why you put so much of your time and energy into being a hype man for increasing comics prices, but I don’t think anyone reading your post would have a clue you were trying to compare against AF 15.  Talk about moving the goalposts. 

On 12/9/2021 at 6:46 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

No it isn’t cheap. 

Not sure why you put so much of your time and energy into being a hype man for increasing comics prices, but I don’t think anyone reading your post would have a clue you were trying to compare against AF 15.  Talk about moving the goalposts. 

Not sure anyone understands.

this result is pretty astonishing, considering that the lone gpa entry for this year in grade was 15,600 in march. a 5.5 copy sold for 30k in april. and with cream pages to boot! it does present very well for the grade. i believe there were some sales around 20k this year, but nothing close to this. 

9BB06509-9F5D-4A34-B9FA-40A621F70970.png

On 12/9/2021 at 9:14 PM, alexgross.com said:

i believe there were some sales around 20k this year, but nothing close to this. 

No recent data in the 4.0 and even 4.5 range.  But there were recent sales in 3.0 that could explain this 4.0 result.  A 3.0 sold in August on eBay for $27.5K, and another 3.0 sold on Heritage for $26.4K in late October.  IH#1 could just be playing catch-up to AF15.  I was sort of expecting that to happen eventually, no matter how hot AF15 got.     

Edited by Pantodude