• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Time for my re-entry into the Hulk 1 club. This is my third copy of this wonderful purple cover book, and by far the nicest copy I've ever owned. :cloud9:

So I have in my hands an Original Owner books of which I am the official second owner. Of course CGC has had it in their hands for a little bit of time, and it's been in a few other peoples hands too during the transaction, but none of those folks officially owned the book. Well I guess the inheriter did?

This Hulk 1 comes from a large group of comics out of Hawaii that made it's way to the mainland in Florida. It's my understanding that the owners Aunt brought comics home from where she worked at a pharmacy to the tune of 30 long boxes. When she passed, the relatives received the comics and out of all the books, most 70's-90's. Only a few gems were found including a Hulk 1 and 181 (CGC 9.2).

I was lucky enough to get a text from my good buddy Mark1 who came across this Hulk 1 and was going to help sell it on the boards. I asked how much, and then immediately said "I'll take it". Mark1 was a bit surprised as I'm mainly a GA GGA collector and pre-hero TOS completionist, but was happy to help me make the deal. The owner wanted cash and cash only, so I proceeded to send Mark a check, he went to the bank, cashed it and met up to do the deal for me with lots of 100's.

I went off to Fairbanks for a hockey tournament and then off to Houston for work. Upon my return there was a wonderfully packed box sitting in my closet waiting for me to open it. After a few days when I finally had a spare moment, I opened the package to find the book had safely arrived and now will sit with my other SA Marvel keys in the collection.

The book is unpressed, is extremely bright colored, and most of the defects are non color breaking. To say it has "potential" is probably an understatement, but it's going to sit in this slab next to my TOS 39 for a bit to see if he settles in.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Mark1 for the efforts he made to help me in this deal. Lots of money exchanged hands on a word and trust and everything went smooth as silk.Now sadly my scanner isn't too great, but here is my new to me Hulk 1 from 1962.

Hey Comicdey! Thanks for the shout out and it was awesome to be involved in the deal for you. I think it's a special copy and haven't seen many copies that look this nice in 5.5. Not one bit of Marvel chipping and the edges are crisp.

Now, i'm posting some of my pics of YOUR Hulk 1 because your scanner blows. lol:gossip:

Enjoy it bro! I almost couldn't pack it up and ship it off to you...it is really sweet :cloud9:(worship)

164A9524-8F7A-4951-A80A-47A0D2704337_zpsxprd3tlf.jpg[/url]

your photo makes the top edge look immaculate, while my image makes it look like it's been chewed on by a dog. In reality, it has general non color breaking bends of the overflash along the entire top edge. :cloud9:

Time for my re-entry into the Hulk 1 club. This is my third copy of this wonderful purple cover book, and by far the nicest copy I've ever owned. :cloud9:

So I have in my hands an Original Owner books of which I am the official second owner. Of course CGC has had it in their hands for a little bit of time, and it's been in a few other peoples hands too during the transaction, but none of those folks officially owned the book. Well I guess the inheriter did?

This Hulk 1 comes from a large group of comics out of Hawaii that made it's way to the mainland in Florida. It's my understanding that the owners Aunt brought comics home from where she worked at a pharmacy to the tune of 30 long boxes. When she passed, the relatives received the comics and out of all the books, most 70's-90's. Only a few gems were found including a Hulk 1 and 181 (CGC 9.2).

I was lucky enough to get a text from my good buddy Mark1 who came across this Hulk 1 and was going to help sell it on the boards. I asked how much, and then immediately said "I'll take it". Mark1 was a bit surprised as I'm mainly a GA GGA collector and pre-hero TOS completionist, but was happy to help me make the deal. The owner wanted cash and cash only, so I proceeded to send Mark a check, he went to the bank, cashed it and met up to do the deal for me with lots of 100's.

I went off to Fairbanks for a hockey tournament and then off to Houston for work. Upon my return there was a wonderfully packed box sitting in my closet waiting for me to open it. After a few days when I finally had a spare moment, I opened the package to find the book had safely arrived and now will sit with my other SA Marvel keys in the collection.

The book is unpressed, is extremely bright colored, and most of the defects are non color breaking. To say it has "potential" is probably an understatement, but it's going to sit in this slab next to my TOS 39 for a bit to see if he settles in.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Mark1 for the efforts he made to help me in this deal. Lots of money exchanged hands on a word and trust and everything went smooth as silk.Now sadly my scanner isn't too great, but here is my new to me Hulk 1 from 1962.

Hey Comicdey! Thanks for the shout out and it was awesome to be involved in the deal for you. I think it's a special copy and haven't seen many copies that look this nice in 5.5. Not one bit of Marvel chipping and the edges are crisp.

Now, i'm posting some of my pics of YOUR Hulk 1 because your scanner blows. lol:gossip:

Enjoy it bro! I almost couldn't pack it up and ship it off to you...it is really sweet :cloud9:(worship)

your photo makes the top edge look immaculate, while my image makes it look like it's been chewed on by a dog. In reality, it has general non color breaking bends of the overflash along the entire top edge. :cloud9:

Beautiful copy, congrats. That's a great story of its history also, well done.

:golfclap:

Happy for you Collin! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and all others reading this post! :headbang:

Happy for you Collin! And Happy Thanksgiving to you and all others reading this post! :headbang:

Thanks...I fell off the pre hero and GGA bandwagon for just a moment. :cloud9:

Thanks...I fell off the pre hero and GGA bandwagon for just a moment. :cloud9:

You can always get back on! Terrific copy, congrats!! :applause::headbang: (thumbs u

Where's the member summary when you need one :lol:

Not many new Hulk 1's being acquired or found?

Yeah, we just need Justin ( HarveySwick ) to acquire a copy, he is the one who normally does the great summaries