• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Well it is the best looking Pence copy I've ever seen. (worship)

I wish, it gets a 3.0 at best, probs more like a 2.5 but at least it should be blue :)

That's high grade for a Pence copy. lol

Yep, only 10 on the census in blue

image.jpg

I can finally join the club thanks to the package I received today from Travis aka illustrious

:applause: Great book! Does this mean Illustrious is out of the club? :sorry:

Nope, I still have a copy. :grin:

...and, still, a fabulous sig line :)

Both of you have the best sig. lines. :sick:(green with jealousy)

image.jpg

I can finally join the club thanks to the package I received today from Travis aka illustrious

:applause: Great book! Does this mean Illustrious is out of the club? :sorry:

Nope, I still have a copy. :grin:

...and, still, a fabulous sig line :)

Both of you have the best sig. lines. :sick:(green with jealousy)

but oak, yours has the fancy moving and changing sig line lol

So, who has a prediction on what this fine specimen will sell for on HA?! hm Right now it's at $15K!

(shrug)

I'm thinking $60K with the premium, maybe more! I can't remember seeing a CGC 8.5 sell recently. hm Especially, not one belonging to a pedigree or collection.

Now at $42.5K, $50.8K with the premium and 4+ days left until floor bidding! Dang! Someone from Beantown could've bought me a new Yankees jersey! :facepalm:lol

I still believe it will go for over $60K! hm

Well it does sport a sizable corner crease on the front cover, but in fairness the crease is light and appears to barely break color.
Could have easily ended up in an 8.0 holder. I think it's over by .5. Top right is gonna keep the hammer price down.

I agree about the gift grade on the 8.5. No doubt this is a beautiful book but that upper right corner crease stands out, stares you right in the face. Gift grades in a pedigree/collection has been discussed before. One theory is the graders get mesmerized when grading so many nice books and some slip by.

Edited by bomber-bob