• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

when comicconnect adds a 15% buyers premium after the end of the auction, does anyone know if that is reflected in their final listed hammer price or not? 

i was watching the jim83 5.0 that just ended tonight, but am not clear about the final price since they have that annoying bp. 

On 3/17/2022 at 4:47 PM, alexgross.com said:

when comicconnect adds a 15% buyers premium after the end of the auction, does anyone know if that is reflected in their final listed hammer price or not? 

i was watching the jim83 5.0 that just ended tonight, but am not clear about the final price since they have that annoying bp. 

Yep it is automatically added on after the final winning bid is placed 

On 3/17/2022 at 7:47 PM, alexgross.com said:

Don’t have an answer but do have an observation.  When you search some past sales there is a note about the 15% BP will be added to hammer.  That makes me think it is not added and thus not reflected until the sale is final ie buyer pays.  

On 3/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, KCOComics said:

This just arrived today thanks to @kobra65 

I bought my first JIM83 from @october here a few years ago. It was a 1.0 that honestly presented better than the grade, but was held together by ugly tape.  I traded that and cash to my local comic shop for a 2.0 (they threw in the statue).  And then was fortunate to be able to trade up to this beautiful copy with white pages. 

With where prices are, I can't imagine upgrading again, so this is probably my forever copy! And I'm pretty happy about that. 

IMG_20220317_170459938.jpg

IMG_20220317_170615413.jpg

Simply awesome my friend 

On 8/25/2021 at 10:32 PM, gadzukes said:

GPA shows the last 4.5 Sig series (stan) went for $9300 in Sept 2020.  It doesn't look like ANY SS have sold in any grade since the price explosion happened earlier this year.

I appreciate the response my friend 

So I recently realized that JIM 83 is recognized as the first appearance of Korg, even though he isn’t named in the issue.  Instead, he was named in a later issue of the Planet Hulk run, and retconed to have been present as one of the Stone Men in JIM 83.  This got me thinking, what is the comic collecting community’s take on something like this?  Would CGC labels potentially start referencing such a first appearance after a retcon like this?