• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE STAN LEE TRIBUTE *Final Announcement*

639 posts in this topic

WHO CARES, You are getting a book signed by awesome artists. Thats good enough for me. Thanks for tha opportunity Chandler and thanks to the artists for agreeing to do the signing.

It honsetly dosen't matter to me as the books I got signed are keepers.

But I can see why others would not want any part of the book covered.

So trying to help figure out a solution.

Ok Guys,

Here are a couple of points.

I think we can all agree that there is no perfect spot.

1. Putting the sticker on the back is one thought but then other then you guys nobody knows the sticker is there.

2. Putting the sticker in the upper part of the front of the casing covers the CGC label and some books have alot more information in them then the example that Adam used with the Celebrity Authentix book. Signer info, info on first appearance , etc.

3. Because books are different sizes placing the label just below the the CGC label means it could cover part of the top of the book which may block part of the title of the book.

4. So I chose the very lower left corner of the book because it seemed to cover the least amount on most books. The exception to that is a few books were signed by Stan in the very lower left corner in which case I placed the sticker in the very lower right corner of the book.

I could change the location of every book where I place the label but then that will slow me down even more if I have to start searching for the perfect spot on every single book which means it could take me weeks to even a month to label all 500+ books I have to do.

Unfortunately I have a day job that takes up 10 hours of my day so by the time I get home at about 7:00 pm in the evening and I start working on books. If you want me to find the perfect spot on each book I think you can imagine how long that will take. As it is it takes me about a minute to 2 minutes a book now because of the fragile nature of the sticker in the first place.

I have already finished all of the Walk-Thrus, Express Tiers and about half of the Standards. If you want me to stop and reevalute then please let me know ASAP.

I have the Legends tour that I have to start getting ready for and then San Diego Comic Con to start getting ready for so I hope you understand my problem of lack of time.

If you would rather I just ship your books without the Holo Label then please e-mail me NOW (PM's will NOT be accepted for this purpose).

Thank you for your input on this guys. I can only hope that you find this kind of opportunity worth while.

I have already finished all of the Walk-Thrus, Express Tiers and about half of the Standards. If you want me to stop and reevalute then please let me know ASAP.

You should stop and reevaluate.

I still think that based on the picture, you can relocate the sticker over the label without obscuring any pertinent info. If need be, you could obscure a few of the letters in "CGC Signature Series" along the top, but if placed properly, you may not need to block anything. It looks like it could also fit on either the left or the right side.

I think the hologram is a great idea, but I would rather not have it if it meant obscuring the book. Look at the example picture you posted. When I see a 9.8 on such a cool book from so long ago, I like to admire how perfect the book looks...how there are no tears, no spine ticks, and how square the corners are. The sticker would take some of that away if I couldn't see one of the corners.

Like I mentioned, at the very least, move the sticker to the right side of the slab, not the spine side. However, I still think that the sticker can go over the label without blocking anything. Just my opinion. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the cool opportunity, Chandler and Sharon.

Ok Guys,

1. Putting the sticker on the back is one thought but then other then you guys nobody knows the sticker is there.

2. Putting the sticker in the upper part of the front of the casing covers the CGC label and some books have alot more information in them then the example that Adam used with the Celebrity Authentix book. Signer info, info on first appearance , etc.

3. Because books are different sizes placing the label just below the the CGC label means it could cover part of the top of the book which may block part of the title of the book.

4. So I chose the very lower left corner of the book because it seemed to cover the least amount on most books. The exception to that is a few books were signed by Stan in the very lower left corner in which case I placed the sticker in the very lower right corner of the book.

I could change the location of every book where I place the label but then that will slow me down even more if I have to start searching for the perfect spot on every single book which means it could take me weeks to even a month to label all 500+ books I have to do.

Unfortunately I have a day job that takes up 10 hours of my day so by the time I get home at about 7:00 pm in the evening and I start working on books. If you want me to find the perfect spot on each book I think you can imagine how long that will take. As it is it takes me about a minute to 2 minutes a book now because of the fragile nature of the sticker in the first place.

I have the Legends tour that I have to start getting ready for and then San Diego Comic Con to start getting ready for so I hope you understand my problem of lack of time.

If you would rather I just ship your books without the Holo Label then please e-mail me NOW (PM's will NOT be accepted for this purpose).

Thank you for your input on this guys. I can only hope that you find this kind of opportunity worth while.

Chandler,

Thanks for all that you do and I know this is a challenge. If not an issue or too much trouble, could you give us the Holo labels to apply ourselves?

put the hologram on the back side of the label. Easy solution.

The hologram is great and a cool idea, but not the end all. The end all is the book, the information provided on the front yellow label and the book itself.

It will always be there on the back and can still be designated as a Stan Lee Tribute book.

Ok Guys,

I can certainly appreciate the whole sticker location issue, but I want to emphasize that yes, this opportunity is certainly worthwhile and I think everybody involved in this discussion would agree. Thank you very much for putting these opportunities together (thumbs u

I trust you Chandler, I know you dont need to do anything at all for us. I know you have alot on your plate with job, family, upcoming shows and getting out done stuff..... I would rather have you spend any extra time you have left for comics on maybe getting more artist opportunities.

WHO CARES

The discussion has been reasonable and respectful, and has raised several good points. I think it is clear that several people care, and several people may care a lot more if they want to sell them down the road and part of the book is obscured. (thumbs u

A good, civil discussion does not take away from Chandler and Sharon's hard work and their nice event. (thumbs u

moon.gif

That is good. It is a refreshing change from 3200 "Any Hulk?" posts.

ok here is another problem. I hear 2 or 3 people saying they don't like it. But what about the other 100 people who don't see this thread. Should I send them an e-mail and give them a chance to chime in? Or should the 2 or 3 people who don't like it be able to speak for the 100 that don't know? Guys I hear your crys or comments but put yourself in my shoes. I will stop working on these for right now until we can get this completely resolved. But please note that when I start getting e-mails and phone calls from the 100 other customers that want to know where the heck their books are, what do I do then?

I hear some people who have books involved in this opportunity speaking their voice. Then I also hear people who have nothing to do with this, they don't have books submitted for this speaking and giving their opinions when they have nothing at stake.

Silveweb asked if I could just send the stickers to be put on the books by the owners. And I told him that I wish I could do that but the stickers are on a large sheet of special paper and I can not peel the sticker off and send it. It won't work that way.

So hear is what I am going to do.

I am going to draft a letter (e-mail) and I will explain this situation to everyone. I will include a photo image in the e-mail of where I am putting the sticker. I will then give the owners of the books a choice.

A. Sticker on the lower left side

B. Sticker on the lower right side

C. NO sticker at all.

No D or E or F choices. That is it. The books that I have already applied the sticker can NOT be changed. So there you have it. And based on the problems this has created I just will not offer this kind of opportunity again.

This is a part-time business for Sharon and I (unless someone wants to pay both of us 6 figure incomes, which we get now, to work for them). We have already been to 10 events this year and we currently have 5 more to go. We have handled and submitted close to 1800 books this year so far. We spend almost every waking moment when we are not doing our day job, working on this business (or hobby depending on who you talk to). And I thought this would be a pretty cool opportunity to present. But it seems I completely under estimated the time involved in presenting this opportunity to everyone. Sharon and I try our best to do the best job we can, which unfortunately is not good enough for some people (nobody that has been here in this thread falls into that catagory). Even with it being known that Sharon had MAJOR spinal surgery, some people still find the need to complain about our "LACK of customer service" and how we don't reply to them in a timely manner to either their e-mails (which I get about 100 a day) or phone calls (which I get about 20-40 a day and some being at 5 am in the morning or 12 midnight). So once again I simply say we are doing our best to offer unique or rewarding opportunities for collectors and clients. And while I hear lots of talk it seems that there are very very few others who actually do what we do. And remember that this is a side or part time business for us. Personally, Sharon has said to me that we need to hang this up and walk away because of all of the problems and tension it has created in our lives but then again what keep us going is the thank you's and the cards that we get from some people saying thanks to us. So there you have it. Sorry if I offended anyone. But like I said please put yourself in our shoes. (Sorry about my rant)

WHO CARES

The discussion has been reasonable and respectful, and has raised several good points. I think it is clear that several people care, and several people may care a lot more if they want to sell them down the road and part of the book is obscured. (thumbs u

A good, civil discussion does not take away from Chandler and Sharon's hard work and their nice event. (thumbs u

moon.gif

I am glad. I am sorry I ask sellers questions of if they are going to post something that I collect. I guess you cant have a who cares opinion to this sticker placement, only allowed to have a opinion where to place it. I m glad Chandler made the event available. Im glad he customized the event and had it be unique with its own designation. I appreciate what he does and can only imagine the amount of stuff he needs to prepare and send out weekly. So if I trust him to handle my books for the signing, I trust he can place a sticker somewhere he feels it looks appropriate and is most feasible for him to move out the multitude of books out to people and prepare for the next event.

I am sorry I am not a very insightful and aye inspiring contributor to the threads aas certain few are. I respect the other board members and thier contributions or positions they have.

WHO CARES

moon.gif

I am glad. I am sorry I ask sellers questions of if they are going to post something that I collect. I guess you cant have a who cares opinion to this sticker placement, only allowed to have a opinion where to place it. I m glad Chandler made the event available. Im glad he customized the event and had it be unique with its own designation. I appreciate what he does and can only imagine the amount of stuff he needs to prepare and send out weekly. So if I trust him to handle my books for the signing, I trust he can place a sticker somewhere he feels it looks appropriate and is most feasible for him to move out the multitude of books out to people and prepare for the next event.

I am sorry I am not a very insightful and aye inspiring contributor to the threads aas certain few are. I respect the other board members and thier contributions or positions they have.

moon.gif

I'm sorry. I thought a mooning graemlin was the appropriate response to a calm, well thought out and well reasoned post. I must have misinterpreted it before in your response.

Ok here is a sample of what the labels look like.

DWCSample.jpg

HoloLabel1.jpg

HoloLabel2.jpg

Sweet book and label :cool:

Is that big nasty hair stuck to the label?

chandler i wanted to thank you for what you have done for me in regards to signings. you are the man. you can put the hologram on my book where ever you see fit. its not that big of a deal to me. i do think up next to the grade would be a great idea. but it is no big deal. it means a lot to me that you made this happen. thank you again.

i do think that you cant put a price on how lucky you are to meet these great comic book creators. through these ops which we help make possible with subs. so when speaking about all of the hard work which i dont think i could take the time to do by the way. you do get many priceless opportunities with these guys. i could only imagine just five minutes with a romita or a simon. just to talk to a man who is 96 about life and his experiences in general would be awesome.

im sure many people myself included would jump at the chance to help you for free to only have the chance to meet some of these guys. that would be priceless to me. again i cant thank you enough for the hard work you and sharon do. you guys are great.