• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE STAN LEE TRIBUTE *Final Announcement*

639 posts in this topic

chandler i wanted to thank you for what you have done for me in regards to signings. you are the man. you can put the hologram on my book where ever you see fit. its not that big of a deal to me. i do think up next to the grade would be a great idea. but it is no big deal. it means a lot to me that you made this happen. thank you again.

i do think that you cant put a price on how lucky you are to meet these great comic book creators. through these ops which we help make possible with subs. so when speaking about all of the hard work which i dont think i could take the time to do by the way. you do get many priceless opportunities with these guys. i could only imagine just five minutes with a romita or a simon. just to talk to a man who is 96 about life and his experiences in general would be awesome.

im sure many people myself included would jump at the chance to help you for free to only have the chance to meet some of these guys. that would be priceless to me. again i cant thank you enough for the hard work you and sharon do. you guys are great.

+1

Chandler, I can see both sides here and in all honesty, It doesn't bother me where you put the sticke,r and I would bow down to your judgment. I am just pleased you've managed to do this great think for me and I am just so excited about getting my book back with a lovely Stan Lee sig!

Chandler and Sharon. A number of us trust you with our expensive books, and a heckuva lot of money to go with. If we can trust you for handling, witnessing (with a very watchful eye on the creators who could damage them in an instant), and returning books that cost hard-earned moolah; then we can certainly trust you on a label placement. 'Nuff said

Chandler and Sharon. A number of us trust you with our expensive books, and a heckuva lot of money to go with. If we can trust you for handling, witnessing (with a very watchful eye on the creators who could damage them in an instant), and returning books that cost hard-earned moolah; then we can certainly trust you on a label placement. 'Nuff said

:applause::applause::applause:

Chandler -- I just want you to know, with my book (the sketch cover) -- I am completely happy with you doing what you feel is right -- You're the boss!!

I don't think it's a big deal being on the front corner at all.

Chandler -- I just want you to know, with my book (the sketch cover) -- I am completely happy with you doing what you feel is right -- You're the boss!!

+1

+1

+2 Chandler rules :headbang:

Thanks to both Chandler and Sharon for the amazing work that you do for us!!! My collection wouldn't even be half as good without you! (thumbs u

Thanks for this amazing opportunity as well!!! Can't wait to get my books back! Chandler - I trust you to put the stickers on mine as you see fit.

Ok here is a sample of what the labels look like.

DWCSample.jpg

HoloLabel1.jpg

HoloLabel2.jpg

Sweet book and label :cool:

Is that big nasty hair stuck to the label?

Well Anthony you have discovered our secret gift to everyone. We secretly had Stan's barber give us all of the hair clippings from his last haircut and we are including a stread of Stan Lee hair with each book. That makes this even more special because now everyone has Stan Lee DNA. :roflmao:

That is everyone except YOU! :ohnoez:

Ok here is a sample of what the labels look like.

Sweet book and label :cool:

Is that big nasty hair stuck to the label?

Well Anthony you have discovered our secret gift to everyone. We secretly had Stan's barber give us all of the hair clippings from his last haircut and we are including a stread of Stan Lee hair with each book. That makes this even more special because now everyone has Stan Lee DNA. :roflmao:

That is everyone except YOU! :ohnoez:

If that is one of Stan Lee's actual hairs...I am extreeeeeeeme;y worried...as he only has grey hair and that one is short, black and curly....

Eeeeeeeewwww!! :sick:

lol

OK FOLKIES. BOSS LADY HAS SPOKEN.

We are not sending out e-mails but for those of you who want the sticker in a different location, you have 72 hours to speak or forever hold your peace. Your choices are

Lower Left Corner

Lower Right Corner

NO STICKER AT ALL.

You choose. We are going to resume labeling ALL books on Tuesday evening, June 22nd. You MUST send an E-MAIL to Desertwindcomics@hotmail.com with your choice. PM's will NOT be accepted. Otherwise the label will be placed in the front lower left corner of the CGC casing.

Please note that ALL Walk-Thrus, Expresses and half of the Standards are already labeled. If you have a book that is already labeled there is nothing we can do.

SHARON HAS SPOKEN!