• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
12 12

2,307 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2024 at 12:38 AM, Hepcat said:

Here's a picture of that same cabinet with a better view of the games from about eight years ago:

DSCN3167_zps6fd28396.jpg

I've added a few board games since then.

:)

Tell me you're a boomer without telling me you're a boomer... :kidaround:

On 5/9/2024 at 11:38 PM, Hepcat said:

Here's a picture of that same cabinet with a better view of the games from about eight years ago:

DSCN3167_zps6fd28396.jpg

That’s a really nice assortment. I’ve never run across that Selchow Tom and Jerry. Great stuff!!  (thumbsu

On 5/9/2024 at 4:43 PM, adamstrange said:

Welcome to the DC 50s club :peace:

I still remember when you  posted on the Boards "I'm done with Atlas. Is there anything in DC worth reading?"

I love the Tomahawk stories in Star Spangled and his own title. Great period Revolutionary War stories. 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:38 PM, Hepcat said:

DSCN3167_zps6fd28396.jpg

I've added a few board games since then.

There was a Shindig game? My sister used to watch that show…:roflmao:

On 5/10/2024 at 10:19 AM, PopKulture said:

That’s a really nice assortment. I’ve never run across that Selchow Tom and Jerry. Great stuff!!  (thumbsu

On 5/10/2024 at 10:26 AM, Robot Man said:

There was a Shindig game? My sister used to watch that show…:roflmao:

Rather than hijacking this thread, I've posted a lot about my board games throughout the "Hepcat will still be Hepcat" thread including on this page:

On 5/10/2024 at 10:41 PM, Jayman said:

Posted before, but one of my favorites!

Kid Colt Outlaw # 6.jpg

Now you know why the Lone Ranger used silver bullets...

Posted (edited)

The proud home of the Justice Society of America between 1940 and 1950 from issues #3 and #57, All Star Comics continued as All-Star Western to issue #119 in 1961. Here's an example from my collection:

AllStarWestern116.jpg

Granted that with its stable of skilled artists such as Gil Kane, DC put out quality Westerns with those fabulous house look covers and nicely rendered interior pages but I still wish that the Justice Society would have continued somewhere. Three good places would have been in Comics Cavalcade, in Adventure Comics as the cover feature instead of Superboy or as a backup in World's Finest Comics. Best of all would have been keeping the Justice Society in All Star Comics and turning Sensation Comics into Sensational Western Comics with Wonder Woman being replaced as the cover feature by cowboys.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

On 5/21/2024 at 12:36 PM, buttock said:

Fantastic!  How long did it take you to find these in this shape?

It took about a week of negotiations with the collector who had worked years trying to put together a high grade collection of many DC titles.