• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
12 12

2,325 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2024 at 12:48 AM, Scrooge said:

Definitively agree. I've had a harder time with the Star Spangled than with the main title. With the main title, though, I stop at ~ # 50 since after that, it's just too goofy of a title to hold my interest.

The covers to the Star Spangled titles are generally better than the Tomahawk's.

StarSpangledComics-GroupShot.thumb.jpg.9b8046817a55cb394cdd98dfe001fc1e.jpg

Tomahawk-GroupShot.thumb.jpg.9da51b758ff2fedfad97751f276c7e62.jpg

The Star Spangled seem to be more difficult because collectors are also after them for the Robin stories, even though we all know the Tomahawk ones are way cooler. They went ever other issue with Robin cover and Tomahawk covers. 

On 5/21/2024 at 2:52 PM, MrBedrock said:

It took about a week of negotiations with the collector who had worked years trying to put together a high grade collection of many DC titles.

Wow, awesome! 

(thumbsu

But why did the collector toss in the towel? Did he decide to collect My Little Pony figures instead?

???

On 5/21/2024 at 4:20 PM, Hepcat said:

why did the collector toss in the towel?

retirement

Whoops! The aspect of comics coming out of the woodwork as collectors retire is going to worry the investor/speculator contingent here on this board.

2c

On 5/21/2024 at 3:10 PM, Hepcat said:

Whoops! The aspect of comics coming out of the woodwork as collectors retire is going to worry the investor/speculator contingent here on this board.

2c

I seriously doubt it. Time has proven there to be far greater demand than supply of good vintage material especially in the GA arena. 

On 5/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, Hepcat said:

Here's one I don't believe I've posted here yet:

SpaceWestern44.jpg

:smile:

A great little short run. I remember Scott Shaw! Featuring this in one of his “Oddball, Esoteric” panels at the early SDCC shows. Really sparked my interest in box diving. 

On 6/4/2024 at 2:04 PM, Professor K said:

The man had style. What an outfit. 

roy-rogers-by-farm3-static-flickrdotcom.jpg

ffc034dbadefb29adb9d9ce1f796edf0.jpg

roy-rogers-1911-1998-us-singing-cowboy-film-and-tv-actor-DCR9NA.jpg

Nudie shirts.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/how-rhinestone-cowboy-from-ukraine-left-his-mark-on-music-world-180982138/