• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
12 12

2,270 posts in this topic

Seeing that it's Saturday, chances are that I saw one or more of these

"Western Hero's" at the Saturday Matinee when I was a kid.

9099031135_d31be86414.jpg

mm

That's a cool cover Marty, even though I've been slightly creeped out by Hopalong Cassidy ever since I saw the movie Fade To Black as a kid.

I think I'll get this one though.

Seeing that it's Saturday, chances are that I saw one or more of these

"Western Hero's" at the Saturday Matinee when I was a kid.

9099031135_d31be86414.jpg

mm

I was a fan of Hopalong when he was on TV. We usually saw Roy Rogers on TV too but Randolph Scott was the man who made my favorite western movies when I was a kid. The Saturday Matinee was usually a western and a Bowery Boys movie starring Huntz Hall and Leo Gorcey.

Just picked up a couple of additional Frazetta covers. They all look good together but still missing several good ones.

9110578790_ae9d0440d8_c.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

That top one is nice damsel in distress cover too! Jeez, did you bother to read 'em? They are pretty sharp and bright! :cool:

Read and re-read...just had the right cardboard boxes to store them in

over the years of moving from place to place.

Here's another one that held up pretty good.

9146814202_ddc271763e.jpg

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

:applause: Nice to see Syd Shores outside of Atlas. Style looks different than I remember. Maybe it's an earlier effort.

Here are some recent Western additions -

Four Color 534. The inside is one story, probably 34 pages long and ALL Kinstler :)

FC534_zpsfad1f9f5.jpg

Durango Kid # 4. Early issue + store copy (which I like and this sticker has actual perfect placement given the photo and general cover layout) + the Dan Brand story of course by Frazetta -

DurangoKid4_zps8ab61329.jpg

Finally, Tim Holt # 30. I believe this is one of the sexiest Western covers out there with Lady Doom and once you add the Wheel Death (à la early Captain America issues) a sure winner of which I had to have a copy.

TimHolt30_zps31ee6130.jpg