• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
12 12

2,270 posts in this topic

i got this when i was misguidedly seeking one of every d.c.40's title. when i went to sell them off, the only offer i got on this one was the buyer would pay 1/2 shipping.

dale.jpg

For 60% shipping :takeit:

i got this when i was misguidedly seeking one of every d.c.40's title. when i went to sell them off, the only offer i got on this one was the buyer would pay 1/2 shipping.

dale.jpg

For 60% shipping :takeit:

i should come clean--i also have a jimmy wakely, but i could never get the scanner to go through with grabbing it. it would make the noise like the little light-bar was gonna roll underneath and scan it, but it just refused. i don't really blame it.

th22.jpg

What's the story behind this one finding its way into your collection? ??? Is it a pedigree copy?

Must be. It is a beauty.

aware on no ped on the th 22; it was a classic impulse buy on ebay "ending soonest" search---it was about to end, i hit a little last-sec bid, and won it. ain't she a beaut?

Definitely! :headbang:

TimHolt30_zps31ee6130.jpg Finally, Tim Holt # 30. I believe this is one of the sexiest Western covers out there with Lady Doom and once you add the Wheel Death (à la early Captain America issues) a sure winner of which I had to have a copy.

Me too. (thumbs u

Church

TimHolt30.jpg

Finally, Tim Holt # 30. I believe this is one of the sexiest Western covers out there with Lady Doom and once you add the Wheel Death (à la early Captain America issues) a sure winner of which I had to have a copy.

TimHolt30_zps31ee6130.jpg

I like this one a lot (adamstrange's is ok too).

I wonder what the "W" on the wheel near Holts shoulder stands for? I guess wagon or water.

I thought about that too when posting and came up with Whip?

Btw, notice the lettering for Death Wheel and Lady Doom. Just that makes it look like a much later cover due to style. All around intriguing cover.

I think it most likely that "Death by Fire" would be followed by Death by "Water."

notice the lettering for Death Wheel and Lady Doom. Just that makes it look like a much later cover due to style.
Very 60ish mod style

I think it most likely that "Death by Fire" would be followed by Death by "Water."

That makes sense but Lady Doom does look like she may be familiar with the use of a whip.

Unfortunately not a choice :sorry: though there are more listed inside. Turns out that the wheel falls in between rope and water so Tim Holt / Red Mask gets tied to a mill wheel -

TimHolt30Splash_zps9e5718f1.jpg

Here's the Ghost Rider splash b/c it's also cool :)

TimHolt30-GhostRiderSplash_zpsb86e3c56.jpg

That makes sense but Lady Doom does look like she may be familiar with the use of a whip.

Unfortunately not a choice :sorry: though there are more listed inside. Turns out that the wheel falls in between rope and water so Tim Holt / Red Mask gets tied to a mill wheel -

TimHolt30Splash_zps9e5718f1.jpg

Here's the Ghost Rider splash b/c it's also cool :)

TimHolt30-GhostRiderSplash_zpsb86e3c56.jpg

9158761823_eb929e1dae_z.jpg

I do like that splash by Ayers. Some pretty good Ghost Rider stories were in Tim Holt.

I always enjoyed finding a RED RYDER COMIC on the newsstand...which

wasn't too often...I guess they were very popular.

9186629912_e5b2ae0126.jpg

mm

mm

I liked Red Ryder and had a Red Ryder BB-gun, of course. I read his strip in the newspaper for years.

I really like his painted covers and the giant Sunday pages.

1766435311_b9841d511b_z.jpg

mm

I liked Red Ryder and had a Red Ryder BB-gun, of course. I read his strip in the newspaper for years.

I really like his painted covers and the giant Sunday pages.

1766435311_b9841d511b_z.jpg

Marty,

Do you have a Daisy Handbook?

2203261419_38344bef3e_o.jpg