• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

So you bought the book, you give him a down payment then the buyer gives you a B.S reason why he's not going to sell it to you then refunds you the money. Then Bat-Man has the same book on his sig. This thread is made then he takes it of his sig. Hmmm I might toss something out in the wind here, I might be wrong I might me right. Could Bat-Man undercut you on this book and thats the reason why he took it off his sig? Think about this. You agreed to the total price of the tec with the seller. You gave him a down payment. Bat-Man pm's the seller about the book, the seller tells him its sold for the amount. Bat-Man then tells the seller that he will give the seller more for the book. The seller agrees. Could that be the case and thats why Bat-Man took the book of his sig.

Just throwing something out.

Wait, The way books get passed around on the boards we don't know anything yet. I don't know Yannis and never spoke to him, so I don't know him from Adam. Before he is blamed, find out if it is him.

So you bought the book, you give him a down payment then the buyer gives you a B.S reason why he's not going to sell it to you then refunds you the money. Then Bat-Man has the same book on his sig. This thread is made then he takes it of his sig. Hmmm I might toss something out in the wind here, I might be wrong I might me right. Could Bat-Man undercut you on this book and thats the reason why he took it off his sig? Think about this. You agreed to the total price of the tec with the seller. You gave him a down payment. Bat-Man pm's the seller about the book, the seller tells him its sold for the amount. Bat-Man then tells the seller that he will give the seller more for the book. The seller agrees. Could that be the case and thats why Bat-Man took the book of his sig.

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to say anything. Thanks for throwing it out there for me! :applause:

Book is now sold, and no its not who anyone thinks , it was a surprise to me too that no one here grabbed it. But anyway Thanks everyone! :)

:sorry:

Yannis never sells me any of his books :insane:

.......... oh wait I have bought 3 Pre-Robins from him! :acclaim:

Congrats on the sale and the secret new owner! :applause:

:shrug:

A let down. But also a cheap lesson, as it appears you will be getting all of your money back. I would never do time payments with anybody but a best friend. You just don't know what might happen.

If the story is just like you say, it will cost the seller too, he will wear the brand of a reneger proudly on his forehead for some time. There are customers that will look the other way when he comes to sell. So it is.

Another book will come your way, they always do. You may very well end up getting a better book and a better deal. Half the fun in collecting is the search, good luck.

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to say anything. Thanks for throwing it out there for me! :applause:

This still doesn't take the fault of taking that new deal off the seller even if this is the way it went down.

This still doesn't take the fault of taking that new deal off the seller even if this is the way it went down.

Your 100% right. I just have a weird feeling that bat-man undercut the guy, if he did bat-man was wrong also

Let's start warming up the Probation Thread...

i dunno if the probation list works here.

the P-list is intended as a warning, with the possibility to get off of said list.

how would the seller get off of the list in this situation..?

start warming up the hall of shame list maybe..? (shrug)

Let's start warming up the Probation Thread...

i dunno if the probation list works here.

the P-list is intended as a warning, with the possibility to get off of said list.

how would the seller get off of the list in this situation..?

start warming up the hall of shame list maybe..? (shrug)

I guess the seller would have to sell him the book that was agreed upon. How he does that... (shrug)

I have a hunch who the seller might be but I'll kindly hold off all guesses until the OP decides to out this individual.

let me remind everyone that until both sides of the story are heard, judgement and speculation, etc, should be refrained from (I know it is tough to do, but that is the "community" thing to do)

now, don't get me wrong, I am not questioning the original premise, and it may very well be that both the seller and the "new" buyer are in the wrong, or could be that neither are, or just the seller, or, the old buyer and the seller, etc... I have no more insight or involvement in this issue than anyone outside of the original buyer, but I will leave an open mind (at least for now)...

tough not to want to speculate, but for the love of pete, don't :mad:

we have to remember there are 2 sides to every story... and, as someone mentioned, not everyone is on the boards every day, etc... and I am not saying, by any means, that the original thread starter (or intended thread started) didn't get screwed, etc, but until the guilty is tried and judged, they need to have a say, right (shrug)

and just so everyone knows, I only know, what you all know...

we have to remember there are 2 sides to every story... and, as someone mentioned, not everyone is on the boards every day, etc... and I am not saying, by any means, that the original thread starter (or intended thread started) didn't get screwed, etc, but until the guilty is tried and judged, they need to have a say, right (shrug)

and just so everyone knows, I only know, what you all know...

(thumbs u

Let's hope the seller shows before this thread degenerates into pictures of barely covered teets and doo doo makers.

Edited by Boboset