• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Can someone actually confirm that they saw my old book in a 0.5 holder or is this just heresay?

Heresay from what I have read. There are a couple copies mentioned so there may be confusion as Bat_man does have a slabbed Tec that is a .5, but its not this book.

Looks like a 1.8 to me.

Edited by BrianR

Quite an exhausting read.

Pov's 2c

1) Probation List - As it stands now this is for the wronged party to make the determination. Matt Decided to not pursue that. Probation List is out.

2) Hall Of Shame - If Yannis had not refunded Matt's money this would be a definite Hall Of Shame situation. If this happened two or more times it would be a definite HOS situation.

3) As far as Bat-Man goes, I think he should reverse the situation in his mind and see how he would feel and what he would want to be done if he made a good down payment on a grail and then found it was later sold to someone else.

No probation list is not out of the question at all its a very good possibility

The seller could tell you whatever it's up to you to decide what sets off the ol' BS meter.

Bat-man was unaware.

Death in the family.

Something wrong with the book.

Book not as good as previously thought.

Bat-man paid less.

Super tough comic nerds laying the snack down in robbery attempt.

You got screwed and the seller could potentially do the same in the future.

The seller could tell you whatever it's up to you to decide what sets off the ol' BS meter.

Bat-man was unaware.

Death in the family.

Bat-man paid less.

It stinks cause me and danimal had our ski masks all ready and our fake BB guns the robbery would have been so smooth

Bat-man was unaware.

Death in the family.

Bat-man paid less.

Snackdown... :cloud9:

Well if any one comes across a tec 36 or 37 let me know i guess 36 being the priority, probably lower grade. But hey if i can sell some of my other big books id go after a 35

Quite an exhausting read.

Pov's 2c

1) Probation List - As it stands now this is for the wronged party to make the determination. Matt Decided to not pursue that. Probation List is out.

2) Hall Of Shame - If Yannis had not refunded Matt's money this would be a definite Hall Of Shame situation. If this happened two or more times it would be a definite HOS situation.

3) As far as Bat-Man goes, I think he should reverse the situation in his mind and see how he would feel and what he would want to be done if he made a good down payment on a grail and then found it was later sold to someone else.

No probation list is not out of the question at all its a very good possibility

OK - I guess I misread you. Sounded like that is what you were saying. If you decide to take that stance I certainly would not disapprove. Not that my apporval or disapproval means means anything.

It doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy message board.

I believe things have been cleared up with Matt, I did explain and answer to all my personal pms from boardies that have contacted me. Now if Matt posts that its all cool can this thread finally be closed? especially if Matt says so?

k im done

I guess this is the final resolution?

Bat-man was unaware.

Death in the family.

Bat-man paid less.

It stinks cause me and danimal had our ski masks all ready and our fake BB guns the robbery would have been so smooth

I think it would have degraded into this ----------> :slapfight:

I believe things have been cleared up with Matt, I did explain and answer to all my personal pms from boardies that have contacted me. Now if Matt posts that its all cool can this thread finally be closed? especially if Matt says so?

k im done

Exactly. That is where I got my impression Matt was not pursuing the Probation List.

k im done

Ya cause i didnt know what else to do so....

Bat-man was unaware.

Death in the family.

Bat-man paid less.

Snackdown... :cloud9:

Hey Chris! What up? lose anymore digits? :baiting:

k im done

you mean you have not received your 500.00 back from paypal?

k im done

It is solely your choice. I merely posted this to make sure that others had seen it too. I believe that you will find a Tec with your name on it. I would suggest to continue saving for it so that you don't have to rely on time payments. While I am not in the market for these type of books, I find it a shame to see a collector is not able to enter into a specific market because of either deeper pockets or close relations. Good luck with your collecing goals.

I can't believe everyone is still harping on about this. But I would like to say a few things after catching up on 30 pages of this darn thread.

1). Subliminal, your a d bag and there is nothing else to it. get a life, go start drama somewhere else and curl up under your bridge at night sucking on rat guts. I bet now you are on a bunch of "private probation list"

2). Sure, a lot of people would like to know what Yannis PMed Matt...what if the PM was supposed to be private..you know it is a Private Message and it is up to them in the end. I understand, Matt and Dan brought this issue out into the open but obviously Yannis and Matt have decided that the reason is personal and none of anyones business. Get it?

3). This thread could have been the best thing that happened in this situation, as it made other people aware of the sellers wrongs, but it was great for almost broadcasting Matt's wantlist (thumbs u

For people still asking questions about what happened, read..that what the thread is for lol

k im done

you mean you have not received your 500.00 back from paypal?

I think he said it'll be available on Monday.