• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last post...
3 3

161 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I'm leaving this forum with a smile on my face. I read all the posts about me in the marketplace and let me just say that I don't know you guys, so don't judge me. Darth. I am sorry the deal went sour. I refunded your money and all...no harm there. I never sold them for anymore money, I just sold them to the first person who wanted them. It slipped my mind that you wanted them. Please email me at ioncanon@aol.com and I will be sure to send you a package with some freebie star wars novels as i have some doubles.(if you want them).

I think you people need to consider that when you delve into lives and seem to stalk people for their mistakes, you make them out to be something that they are not.

One month ago I was more excited at getting back into comics than i ever thought I could be. Recently you people have showed me what greed and pride can do. You totally turned me off to the hobby in a months time. Just looking at all the flipping on ebay and complaining on this board is enough to make me want to vomit.

If you want this back issue hobby to last and grow, you need to be more accepting of "NEWBIES." If you're going to have a harsh attitude towards be and attempt to publically make me look like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person on the boards, than I don't want any part of this community or this hobby.

I sold those issues for 600$ for a downpayment on a Screen used Friday the 13th hockey mask for my prop collection and i'm glad i did so. I spent 800$ for that Hulk 181 outside of ebay even though i said I spent 600$ just so i wouldn't get crapped on for it. I wasn't aware that 800$ was too much at the time. Also, I spent 140$ on the Spidey 122 at the boston show and 50$ for the Wolverine 1-4. The X-Men 99 was free. So that's 990$ spent on my part and 600$ sold. I lost a lot of money on the deal but I sold them fast, gave a REALLY nice guy (David King) a good deal, and I got to send the payment to my prop friend fast. I also forgot to send David King the X-Men 99 so i am now sending it and throwing in 100 free Mylar 2's in the package from Bags Unlimited. I will also be truthful when I say that the Hulk 181 had a small crack in the right top corner that happened during shipping...So I will also be sending him money to compensate for the CGC fees.

Everyone who tried to turn me into something i'm not and totally make me sick about this hobby can take their silver age precious 9.6 books and stick it up their you know whats. That CGC ship is going to crash and you cannibals are taking it down with you.

As for me, i'm sticking with movie props, drinking beers, going to college, picking up chicks, and whatever. I do plan on buying trade paper backs because to me this hobby is now about reading.

Thanks

When you make blanket posts like that it makes it sound like you're saying everyone on here had a part in the thread in M.P. which isn't true. So please limit it to the specific people you're addressing, and leave the rest of us out of it. It's nice that you like comics and are going to start buying them again, have fun with it. And good luck w/ the collection!

Brian

Uh... I agree with Brian... this is a blanket post. If you were excited about comics, I don't see how this board could in any way impact that.

All that being said, I read the posts on the marketplace board and what it seems like is that you screwed Darth on a deal that you gave your WORD on and backed out. Now, of course, you're back peddaling off the board out of embarrassment of your actions. It doesn't seem to me that anybody is stalking you or anything else.

I was a "newbie" two months ago and everyone seemed more than happy to discuss things. Nobody here seems to have excessive egos or the like. They do have an extreme intolerance for those who aren't honest or forthright.

dude, i get killed on these boards.....i am still in there bobbin & weavin.....sometimes u just have to let it go and other times let them have it with both barrells. i have no idea what u are talkin about but good luck. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

Dan, I am sure i know next to nothing about what happened btwn you and Darth. I dont want to know. But to drop out of collecting comics over it?!? Come on! Suck it up and move on. Dont just up and quit collecting! At worst, sign up under a new name on the boards and start over. I am pretty sure they do it all the time here. Just because of a dispute with a single board member (albeit a popular one)? Stand your ground and stick with it!!! JMHO

Hey guys. I'm leaving this forum with a smile on my face.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

BLAH!

If you're going to leave, then leave, don't write novels about it. No one cares.

Oh please! What is this a sympathy plea? You screwed up....take it like a man and stop whining. You want to leave fine.....you want to stay, fine.....do you really think that anyone really cares in the whole scheme of things?

Later.

Jim

boo.gif

I don't know who you are or what the [!@#%^&^] you're talking about, but I'm not unhappy to see you and whatever little drama you're talking about leave. tongue.gif

here's the thread, in case you're intererested:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=comicsmarket&Number=192199&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=all

As for your comments, blaming Darth because YOU BACKED OUT ON A DEAL is lame kid stuff. Also, pretending that the only reason we gave you a hard time is because you're a newbie is denying the obvious- we gave you a hard time because you backed out on a deal with and acted shabbily toward someone many of us have had nothing but positive experiences with both buying and selling.

Beyond even personal experiences, tell me honestly, who would you believe in a situation like this: an Overstreet Advisor/ Power Seller with 1000s of positive feedback or some guy whose two most obvious ebay handles are naru'd? 27_laughing.gif

Don't know what happened, don't much care. Sounds like most people didn't know either. S-hit happens! That doesn't mean you have to leave the hobby. Geez! I got ripped off when I was 12 and almost left collecting, but I realized that if I am enjoying reading the books, then nothing else matters.

At least it is good to hear that you are going to keep reading TPB. There are some excellent reads out there. Good luck to you!

I sold those issues for 600$ for a downpayment on a Screen used Friday the 13th hockey mask.... As for me, i'm sticking with drinking beers, going to college, picking up chicks, and whatever.

Just a word of friendly advice... I wouldn't wear that mask when you're out trying to pick up chicks...

Although it will probably come in handy the next time you decide to [!@#%^&^] someone over on a comic deal...

Nobody here seems to have excessive egos or the like.

Hi......I'm BugaJoe......apparently we haven't met yet. 893yaya-thumb.gif

Sigh....Bug is causing [!@#%^&^] again! 893blahblah.gif

dandristsa,

as long as your not colour touching and trimming books to post on eBay as UNRESTORED your A-OK in my book. 893whatthe.gif we're all human and we up from timie to time, just like CGC. tongue.gif gman was right that he gets crucified from time to time and he's still here, you have to be like a DB in the NFL, have short memory and you'll be just fine. gossip.giflaugh.gif

yours,

pimpy

...and ditto from me!! As long as you're not being Suspended by Ebay for being caught red-handed in shilling your own auctions on Ebay then leaving yourself positive feedback to boot from numerous shill accounts to DEFRAUD bidders into bidding higher against your own FRAUDULENT bids, and to DEFRAUD bidders into thinking that wildly positive feedback was left by an actual legitimate buyer, you're OK with me too!!!

Some Ebayers are suspected of this, others have been positively PROVEN to engage in this FRAUDULENT practice. Those that Ebay has POSITIVELY caught, are NOT given the benefit of doubt and are suspended immediately, the first time for a month, hopefully, the second time...forever. As long as you don't do THAT and haven't done THAT, I forgive you, Dan (though it isn't really my place or quite frankly anyone elses on this Forum that was NOT involved in your deal to pass judgement on you).