• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I can't believe one of our awesome board detectives has not figured out who the seller is yet.

If it was a Danny Dupcak thread we would already have a Google image of the guys house so we would know where to throw the toilet paper. lol

I know the participants. I'm just waiting for a fair explanation before weighing in.

Is "I got a better offer and took it" a fair explanation? (shrug) Because all word-smithing aside, that's what it's probably going to boil down to.

I 100% know thats what he did to me but if he had said listen someone offered me more money (granted its the wrong thing to do also) I would of been like, well i cant do that or ok ill get the rest of the money.

Sorry for the unpleasant transaction. Hope you'll stick around all the same. :foryou:

I can't believe one of our awesome board detectives has not figured out who the seller is yet.

If it was a Danny Dupcak thread we would already have a Google image of the guys house so we would know where to throw the toilet paper. lol

I know the participants. I'm just waiting for a fair explanation before weighing in.

Is "I got a better offer and took it" a fair explanation? (shrug) Because all word-smithing aside, that's what it's probably going to boil down to.

If that is what happened, Chris...no it's not.

It's unethical, dishonest and downright shitty.

Remember Jeff's Batman #1, which he 'bought' from Silver Arse, only to discover they had decided to sell it elsewhere for more coin? Same thing...and Silver Arse rightly got pounded for breaking a deal.

"Silver Arse"... lol

That never gets old. :cloud9:

If Bat-man bought the book, I cant imagine him doing it knowing that the book was allready sold. He seems like a stand up guy!

I hope he can help clear the mystery up.

Although he did remove the book from his sig line as soon as this thread started.

Wonder why that might be? hm

I would cut the owner some slack... I'd guess the pulled book was an attempt to head off the mob of torches headed towards the seller until he had a chance to respond. Not too hard to figure out the seller's ID from the clues here.

Very disappointed at the events presented in this thread and I do hope the seller will weigh in soon. :wishluck:

No clue who the seller is (shrug) There are some of us that don't pay attention to GA sales but do a fair bit of buying on the boards.

If that is what happened, Chris...no it's not.

It's unethical, dishonest and downright shitty.

Remember Jeff's Batman #1, which he 'bought' from Silver Arse, only to discover they had decided to sell it elsewhere for more coin? Same thing...and Silver Arse rightly got pounded for breaking a deal.

Oh I completely agree Nick. Money changed hands, deal was done and the seller is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed for renegging. I'd be pretty surprised if that isn't what went down though.

didn't feel like reading 140 posts, so who is it?

This a two part episode, villian to be revealed tomorrow night. Builds up ratings.

If Bat-man bought the book, I cant imagine him doing it knowing that the book was allready sold. He seems like a stand up guy!

Although he did remove the book from his sig line as soon as this thread started.

I would cut the owner some slack... I'd guess the pulled book was an attempt to head off the mob of torches headed towards the seller until he had a chance to respond. Not too hard to figure out the seller's ID from the clues here.

Very disappointed at the events presented in this thread and I do hope the seller will weigh in soon. :wishluck:

Jon, I agree that the buyer might have been totally unaware of what went down.

However, he sure knew when this thread started and he decided, whether with a nudge from the seller or not, to remove the book from his sig.

At that point, isn't he 'aiding and abetting'? (shrug)

However, he sure knew when this thread started and he decided, whether with a nudge from the seller or not, to remove the book from his sig.

No. May just be trying to stay clear of the blast field.

Ya i figured since he put it there at first that he didnt know the book was sold to someone else right? But now...... who knows he must have figured it out now

If it was the old Tec #37 with tape on it that was my old book. I sold that book about 6 months ago.

Yes it was

As far as your story goes it should have been your book. No question.

I'll let you handle it. If there's anything I can do to help feel free to ask.

It's not his responsibility to explain why he has the book. If he chooses to, that's one thing.

Edited by GACollectibles

No i PMed him and said i know whats going on and i dont blame him. I actually really like him

The paypal says its being refunded through paypal and will be available on Monday

Sorry, but doh!

Why all the drama then?

:gossip: Re-read, he was talking about the person with the book in his sig line

Obvious from MT1000's now edited post, but not when I made the quote.

:slapfight:

Don't you have some magazine clippings to add to your Betty White scrapbook?

Ya i figured since he put it there at first that he didnt know the book was sold to someone else right? But now...... who knows he must have figured it out now

I have a feeling you're going to be better off in the long run. (thumbs u

No i PMed him and said i know whats going on and i dont blame him. I actually really like him

The paypal says its being refunded through paypal and will be available on Monday

Sorry, but doh!

Why all the drama then?

:gossip: Re-read, he was talking about the person with the book in his sig line

Obvious from MT1000's now edited post, but not when I made the quote.

:slapfight:

Don't you have some magazine clippings to add to your Betty White scrapbook?

I posted it anyway, I had gone through the effort of typing a response and laughed when it wouldn't upload due to deleted post. I figured I'd fix your wagon!

No Golden Girls scrapbooking tonight, I just received my copy of the 2010 Golden Girls Swimsuit Calendar!