• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 vs Detective 31

106 posts in this topic

due to scarcity and huge numbers of "pre Robin Tec" collectors.

Do you really see a huge number of pre-Robin Tec collectors? Seems like a dozen or so very passionate collectors to me.

oh, outside of our hallowed walls here, there are a TON of pre robin tec collectors...

Do you really see a huge number of pre-Robin Tec collectors? Seems like a dozen or so very passionate collectors to me.

oh, outside of our hallowed walls here, there are a TON of pre robin tec collectors...

You may add me as one eventhough I don't own any. ;)

Thats not really alot considering the average comic collector weighs in at/around 200 lbs.

First Joker, let`s not forget he is DC`s third most popular character and comics fourth.

1 - Peter Porkchops

2 - Hagar

3 - Metamorpho

4 - Joker

First Joker, let`s not forget he is DC`s third most popular character and comics fourth.

1 - Peter Porkchops

2 - Hagar

3 - Metamorpho

4 - Joker

(tsk)

I think its an approrpiate time to post your Tec #31 Mr. B, swing the votes a bit. :cloud9:

Someone showed me a picture of Mr. B's Tec 31 awhile back.

CGC 7.0 WHITE Pages I believe it was.

Seeing that picture was one of those rare moments when my mind could not process what my eyes were seeing. I was floored by its beauty.

Tec 31 - incredibly tough issue period.

A Tec 31 CGC 7.0 - nearly inconceivable.

A Tec 31 CGC 7.0 with WHITE Pages - impossible.

One of my favorite single books in the hobby his Mr. B's 31.

I doubt it

In terms of just pure comic lust, which would your prefer ?

I guess in monetary terms, Tec 31 would be a safer bet

actually, just the opposite... in monetary terms, the batman 1 is a safer bet...

some examples:

3 years ago, a 5.0 tec 31 could be had for 13K, today about 25k

3 years ago, a 5.0 bat 1 could be had for about $25k, today about 50K...

bat 1 has outperformed tec 31 in almost every grade (thumbs u

Which Tec 31 5.0 can be had for 25K? I don't know of any copies that you can get for 25K anymore. I think the new bar is closer to 27K-28K...

Batman 1s are easier to find than Tec 31s...while I might err on the side of Batman 1, if I sold my Tec 31, it would probably be another 2+ years until I had an opportunity to even get the chance to buy another one...

It depends, as people have said, batman 1 is A LOT more common, but I think it is more of a key and the cover isn't too bad. Grade for grade, I would tape the batman 1. People always love them #1 issues, and #31 is just greeat for the cover.

James G

Batman 1 is ten times the book Tec 31 one is.

I doubt it

au contraire.... sd last year I must have had 50 folks ask for pre robin tecs...and that was just my little ole booth... they are out there...trust me (thumbs u

actually, just the opposite... in monetary terms, the batman 1 is a safer bet...

some examples:

3 years ago, a 5.0 tec 31 could be had for 13K, today about 25k

3 years ago, a 5.0 bat 1 could be had for about $25k, today about 50K...

bat 1 has outperformed tec 31 in almost every grade (thumbs u

Which Tec 31 5.0 can be had for 25K? I don't know of any copies that you can get for 25K anymore. I think the new bar is closer to 27K-28K...

Batman 1s are easier to find than Tec 31s...while I might err on the side of Batman 1, if I sold my Tec 31, it would probably be another 2+ years until I had an opportunity to even get the chance to buy another one...

now that the 4 cgc 5.0's are nestled into collections, I would concur...but in the last 6 months or so, I have bought and sold 3 of them in the 25K and less range... sure, it will take a premium to move them out of their respective homes, but it would also now take 55K to get that 50K batman 1 out... was just for illustrative purposes (thumbs u

Bat 1 for me, no contest.

Bat 1, let's see......first Joker, 2 stories of the Joker in fact, the "Cat",Bat's origin retold, pin-up back cover, Hugo Strange appearance, Robin, who's iconic, quite popular as part of the Dynamic Duo, appealing yellow/red/black cover is eye-catching, beautiful cover, reprinted in Famous First Edition, book brings more to the table than Tec 31 ever has and will.............

Tec 31........classic eerie cover, first Bat-Gyro, pre-dates Bat 1, but let's face it, Tec's 29, 33, 35, 36,37,(and on depending on your taste) are classic and eerie as well, as well as the pre-Bat Tec's. So Tec 31 is just a classic cover among a series of classic covers... 1-40 or so. Also, Tec 31 unrestored would be easier for me to obtain as well, compared to Bat 1, price-wise. They're both challenging.....Tec 31 in preferably unrestored, but with nice eye appeal, sporadically available, according to Heritage.....vs Bat 1, more available but a big key and more expensive-esp. unrestored,and more iconic.