• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 vs Detective 31

106 posts in this topic

Bat 1 for me, no contest.

Bat 1, let's see......first Joker, 2 stories of the Joker in fact, the "Cat",Bat's origin retold, pin-up back cover, Hugo Strange appearance, Robin, who's iconic, quite popular as part of the Dynamic Duo, appealing yellow/red/black cover is eye-catching, beautiful cover, reprinted in Famous First Edition, book brings more to the table than Tec 31 ever has and will.............

Tec 31........classic eerie cover, first Bat-Gyro, pre-dates Bat 1, but let's face it, Tec's 29, 33, 35, 36,37,(and on depending on your taste) are classic and eerie as well, as well as the pre-Bat Tec's. So Tec 31 is just a classic cover among a series of classic covers... 1-40 or so. Also, Tec 31 unrestored would be easier for me to obtain as well, compared to Bat 1, price-wise. They're both challenging.....Tec 31 in preferably unrestored, but with nice eye appeal, sporadically available, according to Heritage.....vs Bat 1, more available but a big key and more expensive-esp. unrestored,and more iconic.

:hi: Sean!

due to scarcity and huge numbers of "pre Robin Tec" collectors.

Do you really see a huge number of pre-Robin Tec collectors? Seems like a dozen or so very passionate collectors to me.

oh, outside of our hallowed walls here, there are a TON of pre robin tec collectors...

I doubt it

au contraire.... sd last year I must have had 50 folks ask for pre robin tecs...and that was just my little ole booth... they are out there...trust me (thumbs u

I dunnoo of any who is interested in em.. Pure junk to me and if I had em would throw em :insane:

Bats #1 is the way better book, scarcity not withstanng. Cool cover (And one of my faves, just so you don't think I'm a hater), but 1st Joker, and 1st book devoted to batman, and 1st catwoman can't be beat by anything but tec 27.,

Bats #1 is the way better book, scarcity not withstanng. Cool cover (And one of my faves, just so you don't think I'm a hater), but 1st Joker, and 1st book devoted to batman, and 1st catwoman can't be beat by anything but tec 27.,

+ 1......If popular culture is a factor, it can't really be beat by much of anything....AC 1 and Tec 27 only. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. AF 15 will probably continue to close the gap in 9.2 and above, it's already on equal footing with MC 1.

detective31cgc.jpg

I have a goofy page on my site showing scans of books that I wish I owned, but don't. I'm adding this baby tonight. Amazing book, Richard. And even more amazing that someone just walked into your store with it. I don't even care about the grade. No dust shadows, great color, white pages! (worship)

They're both over rated DC books.

:applause: junk
junk sure is popular.

Must...resist...inserting...joke.

This is not Comics General.

kenobi_011.jpg