• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 vs Detective 31

106 posts in this topic

As you can see Tec 31's cover is far superior
a cover does not a comic book make (thumbs u

Just talking about the cover (thumbs u

then start your own thread :baiting:

a cover does not a comic book make (thumbs u

Just talking about the cover (thumbs u

then start your own thread :baiting:

Nahh too much laying around already :whatev:

There is the argument that there is no better cover...

Ok Ill say it since I know its on the tips of everyone's tongues.

Tec 31 > Marvel 1

Maybe after a double hit of the crack pipe shaped like the batmobile.

:roflmao:

True, but you would agree it isn't a very important book. Cool as hell? Yeah, I love it. But important? Nah

True, but you would agree it isn't a very important book. Cool as hell? Yeah, I love it. But important? Nah

Hey, I wasn't trying to make the comparison. Batman #1 is a more important book than Tec #31 but Tec #31 is the Cognac of Batman comics. Big, hard, short dose of goodness. Batman #1 is the fine wine which you can sip for hours.

In this day and age of CGC comics though origins, stories, interior artwork and such seem to be losing importance.

Tec #33 is a super cool book due to it being the first origin telling of Batman and a decade or two ago I think it would have been considered a much more important book than Tec #31 (I seem to remember a much larger importance on origin issues when I was younger) but that's changed.

Unless a book has interiors that are "over the top" (like Batman #1 does) it seems that it's going to lag in importance to be displaced by covers.

Hey, I wasn't trying to make the comparison. Batman #1 is a more important book than Tec #31 but Tec #31 is the Cognac of Batman comics. Big, hard, short dose of goodness. Batman #1 is the fine wine which you can sip for hours.

In this day and age of CGC comics though origins, stories, interior artwork and such seem to be losing importance.

Tec #33 is a super cool book due to it being the first origin telling of Batman and a decade or two ago I think it would have been considered a much more important book than Tec #31 (I seem to remember a much larger importance on origin issues when I was younger) but that's changed.

Unless a book has interiors that are "over the top" (like Batman #1 does) it seems that it's going to lag in importance to be displaced by covers.

Let's not equate monetary value with importance in comic history. Tec 33 is still a much more important book than 31 will ever be. As you've said, correctly, many times before, Whiz 1 is a very important book in comic history. It just has fallen out of favor, and hence the value fell with it.

Right. That's why I said Tec #31 is just a shot. A quality shot, but just a shot (although the story inside is not half bad...nice and creepy.

I don't know. Every time I look at it, I think that guy in the robes must be a real doofus, creeping around like he's getting away with something while an 80 foot dude in a Bat suit towers over him.

Ok Ill say it since I know its on the tips of everyone's tongues.

Tec 31 > Marvel 1

The opposite for me and not even close.

+1

My favorite...

marvel1.jpg