• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

For everyone that ordered YOLOY through Comixpress, my ordered has been confirmed as shipped. You should be getting your own confirmation soon as well if you haven't already. =)

That's what I kept forgetting to post! I got mine earlier today and meant to say something in here. I mean, the confirmation, I didn't get the book yet. Glad we're all getting them!

i really need to get a #2 2nd printing. i like the parchment covers better than the white of the second printing not to mention i think the cover art with the swordfish bros is a nicer cover. my eyes are peeled!!

Also included with the book were these 3 cards given to the original buyer from Jeremy. They are 3x5.

photo-188.jpg

photo-189.jpg

photo-190.jpg

WOW that is awsome. everyone scored today and all I got was a measly Avengers 57. (shrug)

A little OT.( apologies to Chainball) I tried to purchase a CPG 2 from any book only to have them cancel my order 2 days later telling me they no longer had the book in stock. (shrug) Must have sold it for more then I originally paid. lol

Still love this little series.

Keith, that's what I'm assuming happened. Sometimes seller's have seller's remorse and cancel orders. Have had that happen to me.

In reference to Brian's comment on the CPG thread, I agree, I'm always checking to see if people comment on any CPG stuff. I really like this thread and I think it has great potential. But I also enjoy it because it's a great opportunity to connect with each other on a great topic and the "babble" is part of connecting with people. Off topic, on topic, it doesn't matter to me...it's all the CPG thread and input is greatly appreciated, whether big or small...even OT sutff to break the monotony or tension.

The only reason I jumped into this thread was to share my appreciation for Jeremy's work. And I love to share the hidden gems that I find here and there...not to gloat, but to show people what's out there. It's my little passion, but I don't expect everyone else to feel the same way about it. I like sharing what I find and if I can share it by making people good deals then I can do that too when possible.

A strict thread will only detour people, hence maybe the lack of posts. I have PMd some people asking them to share more about the art and about the story itself, including character development and so forth. I really would like to see more of that from people that have read it. I also am aware that it's a little difficult to get into it when certain prints are a little high in price range for a book to start reading on. I'd love for people to read the story without having to pay such high prices for collector's issues.

With this desire in mind, I've taken it upon myself to buy what I can to slab and flip, and allow me to purchase a decent sized pre-order of CPG #1 4th print in order to make it affordable for boardies to actually read. I've already been hit up by several people and I am more than happy to provide copies to them knowing that several factors can ruin the enjoyment: limited print run, limited LCS availability due to lack of knowledge of the book, increase in price due to lack of availability, etc. Whatever the reason, I would like it to be available for boardies at a reasonable price. PM me if you're interested in a copy and if you think that none will be available at your LCS. It's due to release sometime before SDCC in July. I'll do my best to attain you a copy as my pre-order is limited. As for the #2s and #3s, they are still available through Ebay, the publishing company, and the sales threads at times.

I really hope that this way as people read more and more, there WILL be more discussion in this thread. It's a little difficult right now because not everyone has access to the books and why start on #2 and #3 when one can't even attain #1? I'm very optimistic and hope that this thread will continue as more and more people appreciate the creativity of CPG.

Thanks to all the peeps who have already commented on this thread and shared pics as well. (thumbs u

Julio

p.s. Tom, Olympian Publishing, is promising "big" things for the summer. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY

just got a 9.9 and 9.8 blue label graded today. I had never seen the 2ND EDITION stamped one before! Very cool!

Dude, that's awesome. I'm on my quest to attain a 9.9 or 10 for my own collection too. Can't wait for the arc and the tpb coming soon so I won't have to keep opening my books. (thumbs u

Okay is this some sort of very low print Indy? My LCS owner looked at me like I was kinda crazy when I asked about this title.

Yes, it is and Yup, they tend to do that. Only one of my local LCS actually carried it back when it came out and sold out the first day. (shrug)