• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,511 posts in this topic

Upgraded my Superboy #69. New copy (CGC) may only look a little nicer but it is much newer looking in terms of page quality.

Superboy69.jpg

Superboy69.jpg

:applause:

Loved that cover since I was 11 and picked this up for 50 cents:

sba1a.jpg

sba1b.jpg

Annuals were my one way to see original covers and start desiring to get the back issues

I bought Superman 203 in the mid 80's as one of the earliest books in my soon to be Superman family collection. I hadn't really focused on the higher grades quite yet and wasn't that picky. As my wantlist dwindles in size, I look for books to upgrade, here is a before / after:

sm203.jpg

sm203cgc.jpg

Upgraded my Superboy #69. New copy (CGC) may only look a little nicer but it is much newer looking in terms of page quality.

Superboy69.jpg

Superboy69.jpg

:applause:

Loved that cover since I was 11 and picked this up for 50 cents:

sba1a.jpg

sba1b.jpg

Annuals were my one way to see original covers and start desiring to get the back issues

Thought you said you weren't picky about condition when you were younger! Wow.

Superboy69.jpg

Superboy69.jpg

Stunning copy.

I love the phrase "Dad Kent." doh!

Well, I see Christmas has come early for lots of people!

Great books, keep them coming. I have a cool one to post when I get home from my holiday travels...

Recent auction win. Superman #166 is not a book that often turns up in high grade. CGC 9.2 is the best graded copy I have seen.

sm166.jpg

Just the right time for this book! :applause:

Got this in the mail today after a nerve-racking couple of weeks. This book came from Garry ( Gaz 973 ). Flaming Telepath was the go between and went out of his way to get the book and shoot me scans. I want to personally thank NIck for going out of his way on this. Gary packed the book well for its overseas journey. Thanks! This book goes into the DR.X vault. (thumbs u

DR.X

IM006747-1.jpg

Some Hawkmans flew in today. Outside the #3, condition isn't great but some great Murphy Anderson art in most and a Kubert cover to boot.

69b2ec69.jpg

bd75a299.jpg

76114581.jpg

3c284005.jpg

b2e40484.jpg

2dfc538b.jpg

fcbc5a26.jpg

Great reading and art in those! Nice pickups.

Found this one at a campus record store; indica date is December, 1965; paid $2.50:

ssls27.jpg

You don't see many Sad Sacks on the boards. I used to like them when I was a kid.

Got this in the mail today after a nerve-racking couple of weeks. This book came from Garry ( Gaz 973 ). Flaming Telepath was the go between and went out of his way to get the book and shoot me scans. I want to personally thank NIck for going out of his way on this. Gary packed the book well for its overseas journey. Thanks! This book goes into the DR.X vault. (thumbs u

DR.X

IM006747-1.jpg

(thumbs u Nice one! It's on my want list...

Recent auction win. Superman #166 is not a book that often turns up in high grade. CGC 9.2 is the best graded copy I have seen.

sm166.jpg

Just the right time for this book! :applause:

Classic cover. Congratulations...that's a perfectly centered copy.