• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,458 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, ThothAmon said:

Not bad looking given it’s a subscription copy. 

D178BE80-2E86-464B-AED0-E4FD7731F068.jpeg

5,000 posts even! :headbang: 

ryan_fb.jpg

That doesn't look bad at all! Doesn't look like a fold either! I had "some" subscriptions as a kid, I got lucky a couple of times with no folds, but they were copper age :) 

image.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Out of curiosity, has CGC ever stated what is the max grade a book with a subscription fold can attain?

There's a discussion of this issue here.  The consensus seems to be 3.5 - 7.0 depending on the rest of the book, but nothing definitive from CGC.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:06 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Out of curiosity, has CGC ever stated what is the max grade a book with a subscription fold can attain?

Thinking this might get a 7.5 with a press. About as high as CGC will give from what I’ve seen. Overstreet standards say no better than a 4.5 due to book length light crease. (Mailed folded in half for Pete’s sake) 

On 9/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, ThothAmon said:

Thinking this might get a 7.5 with a press. About as high as CGC will give from what I’ve seen. Overstreet standards say no better than a 4.5 due to book length light crease. (Mailed folded in half for Pete’s sake) 

I received a JIM #112 CGC'd 5.5 that had a sub crease that was pressed and pretty tight in other areas. The crease did break color from top to bottom.

On 9/25/2021 at 2:09 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Picked up a few well-loved books at a yard sale this morning.

X-Men - 23.jpg

There is one you don't see very often, it might even be a 1st for me :foryou: 

Awesome, I went looking too, but basically came up empty :) glad there is still inspiration for next time :headbang: