• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

probably keeping them. they were part of 100 book collection i bought,,,green lantern 1 and jla 1 were also included..so the rest were gravy..there are some doubles but none that are important..if anybody needs something specific, let me know...nice run of lois lane, superboy, a couple superman, batman and tecs...jimmy olsen as well...thx...late 50's thru 61..

thanks for input..this batch is nice however. i am thinking 6 on the low end...minor spine wear and an occassional wrinkle. why do i have an urge to send cgc a big box and a big check all the time?

Figured I'd post these in the "official" Adventure Comics thread....

This little digest book from the early 80s was the most influential book that got me hooked on this hobby, and ignited my lifelong love of the Legion. Inside are reprints of AC 365-367, along with a couple others. The stories introduced Shadow Lass, featured the return of The Fatal Five and the destruction of the original Legion HQ (the one that looks like a rocket stuck in the ground head-first), and the introduction of the Dark Circle and new Legion HQ... :cloud9:

DCBlueRibbonDigest8.jpg

As a result, these issues are arguably the most prized personal grails for me to acquire. To this point, I've picked up....

AdventureComics365.jpg

AdventureComics366.jpg

I also fell in love with Karate Kid with these issues, my all-time favorite Legionnaire (I'm patiently waiting for Steelcity to sell his 9.6 copy :shy: )....

Adventure346KarateKid.jpg

Steelcity will probably sell you his 9.6 copy the same day he offers me his Superboy 8 in CGC 8.5. Neither one of us should hold our breath lol

lol:taptaptap: Well...DIBS!!! Btw, Silver, you have an awful lot of pretty Legion books yourself! I'm in awe of all the lovelies in this thread. :applause::cloud9:

Really like your Digest #8, dane323. Those small books really pack a punch.

If Adventures #365 and #366 were the first Legion stories you read then you certainly came in on a great tale. The nostalgia element no doubt spurred you on to now acquire absolute killer copies of those two books. A bonus with both is the contrasting yet spectacular covers with a great late '67 style!

Really like your Digest #8, dane323. Those small books really pack a punch.

If Adventures #365 and #366 were the first Legion stories you read then you certainly came in on a great tale. The nostalgia element no doubt spurred you on to now acquire absolute killer copies of those two books. A bonus with both is the contrasting yet spectacular covers with a great late '67 style!

Thanks, Steel! This digest was tough to find in HG. Maybe all these digests tend to be tough. All the little kiddies (like myself) must've read the outta them back in the day. But yes, it was a perfect launch to reading Legion stories. :cloud9:

Oddly enough, it didn't even occur to me until several years ago that I had the means to hunt down originals of those issues. Guess the digest just always seemed like its own little storybook unto itself. But once the thought crossed my mind, they jumped up to the top of my personal grail list. I'd also never seen the covers in color until I started searching them out (the digest only has them as black-and-white thumbnails on the inside back cover). So, you can imagine how the colors took my breath away on first sight. Add in Neal Adams' art, and I didn't stand a chance. Had to have them.

I plan on getting a three-slot frame for CGC books to hang on the wall of my comic den, with those three books showcased.

Btw, you sir, are the envy of all us Legion fans from what I've seen in this thread. I bow down to you and your collection. Wow. Just wow.

You guys are making me feel very nolstalgic about the legion, The folowing book is one of my earliest intro's to the Legion. I cleaned a neighbor's garage for $1 and bought DC Super Spectacular 21 and 22. That DC-21 started my obsession, I loved every story in that book.

Oh, and collecting the original issues that I saw as covers on reprints? :cloud9:

I need t upgrade this copy of Adventure eventually. This is the story that started it for me.

adv332.jpg

dc21a.jpg

dc21b.jpg

You guys are making me feel very nolstalgic about the legion, The folowing book is one of my earliest intro's to the Legion. I cleaned a neighbor's garage for $1 and bought DC Super Spectacular 21 and 22. That DC-21 started my obsession, I loved every story in that book.

Oh, and collecting the original issues that I saw as covers on reprints? :cloud9:

I need t upgrade this copy of Adventure eventually. This is the story that started it for me.

adv332.jpg

dc21a.jpg

dc21b.jpg

:applause: You definitely get me, Silver. You know, I've never read that AC 332 Legion issue! "The Super-Moby of Space", ha! Love it. Those reprint issues for a kid on a shoe-string budget.... (thumbs u

(Btw, your neighbor only paid you $1 to clean their garage?? :o Unless that was the 60s, mean neighbor taking advantage of a kid! Glad that dollar filled you with a lifetime of riches though!)

1973, not bad for a hour's work, and I RAN to 7-11 for these. You have any idea how long these took to read????

th_dc21a.jpg

dc22a.jpg

dc22b.jpg

That Flash 135 story is great!

Great story Silver. (thumbs u

Between you, Steel City, Mr Bedrock, Hepcat, and others there have been some awesome Adventure books on these threads recently. :cloud9: Keep up the great work.

I recall the sense of awe as a kid when I was able to read an 80 pager or a Giant size book. You knew you had a solid 30 minutes or more of reading or more.

Seeing your Flash 100 pager reminds me, I picked up that book last year at a convention, and have yet to read it yet. :makepoint:

Would you believe this was the first Legion reprint in a 100 pager?

dc8a.jpg

dc8b.jpg

Ha! Do you know how long a 100-pager takes me to read today?? lol I'm a slow reader. This black cover reprint book is probably very tough to find in HG I bet! LOVE that back cover especially! :cloud9: