• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

If I started collecting the Adventure series, would Marvel disown me ? (shrug)

They haven't taken my membership card back yet. If I'm questioned, I plan to say that I bought them all as a lot just to get the Kirby Green Arrows.

hm

Not exactly a comic but it use to be. The cover is mounted on blue flourescent plexiglass and with the correct lighting it gives a nice 3D effect.

I had a LCS at one time and made a bunch of these, different covers, for my customers.

Just came across this one and a few others in some boxes.

Tom

Adv247Top.jpg

Adv247Side.jpg

a nice snag off of eBay:

adv256cgc.jpg

Nice addition to your Adventures. #256 is very tough in comparison to most other issues in the #250s.

The blue background looks really deep and rich.

Hopefully you will post a better scan when you receive the book?

I thought the scan looked a bit dark and over colorful...

Here are scans of three of my favourite covers before the Legion run officially began:

17-05-201183541PM.jpg

17-05-201183546PM.jpg

:cool:

Classic Legion covers, Hepcat.

The pre-#300 Legion covers were always some of the first I looked for at every comic book gathering. Always searching for elusive upgrades...!

The pre-#300 Legion covers were always some of the first I looked for at every comic book gathering. Always searching for elusive upgrades...!

Insanely tough except for #293, which is turning out to be some kind of warehouse find or something.

Insanely tough except for #293, which is turning out to be some kind of warehouse find or something.

I have no idea where all the nice #293s have appeared from. Such a great cover, sure to excite any Legion collector!

In the early days of CGC this issue remained as tough as in the old days for high grade copies. My current copy was once the only CGC 9.4 and single highest graded so it was expensive at the time! I don't regret it, though, as I have yet to see a prettier copy and at least this is one book I will never again want to upgrade!

AdventureComics293-1.jpg

Just checked #293 on Heritage. They sold the single CGC 9.6 copy. It looks nice but has COW pages, which probably hurts a 1960s book more than an older one.

Given a choice of CGC 9.4 w or CGC 9.6 cow it would be interesting to know which most collectors would choose at the same price!

Just thought I'd dust off this long-neglected thread and bring it up to current with one of my latest acquisitions. :idea:

You can pretty much figure out my other ones if you've checked out some of the other SA threads. :whistle:

1053585012a.jpg

Sill one of the big books I need to add to my collection. I think it's the only Legion book I need to have a complete run of all LSH books.

Grats on a nice copy!