• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

Now every eleven year old knows that girls are here to stay, but they're certainly not be completely trusted. After all, they just might turn on you at any time:

22-08-2012114143PM.jpg

22-08-2012114202PM.jpg

And if the girls can revolt, why not the pets?

22-08-2012114159PM.jpg

And the pets do indeed have a legitimate grievance. They were after all never allowed in the Legion proper in the first place. They were shunted off into some subsidiary organization:

22-08-2012114138PM.jpg

;)

Love the Krypto covers:

Oh so do I!

A great selection! Superworld have a nice stock of raw books and Ted is always very helpful.

I agree! I like dealing with Superworld.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Yes, Ted is a nice guy. I have many books that originated from his display rack. I bought both of my Batman 121 copies from him. They were both raw. I eventually submitted them both to CGC and he was spot on with his grading right down to the PQ.

One was a 4.0 with Cream/Ow PQ and then I upgraded when I saw a nicer copy. He called it a F+ with OW PQ and that's what it came back as.

I also bought 6 or 7 Superboys and a couple of Wonder Womans from him.

Figured I'd post these in the "official" Adventure Comics thread....

This little digest book from the early 80s was the most influential book that got me hooked on this hobby, and ignited my lifelong love of the Legion. Inside are reprints of AC 365-367, along with a couple others. The stories introduced Shadow Lass, featured the return of The Fatal Five and the destruction of the original Legion HQ (the one that looks like a rocket stuck in the ground head-first), and the introduction of the Dark Circle and new Legion HQ... :cloud9:

DCBlueRibbonDigest8.jpg

As a result, these issues are arguably the most prized personal grails for me to acquire. To this point, I've picked up....

AdventureComics365.jpg

AdventureComics366.jpg

It took over 2 years, but I finally completed my personal grail run from the digest above by winning this 367 in today's Heritage Auction. This issue definitely seems to be the toughest of the bunch in super HG. Dark Circle goodness.... :cloud9:

Adventure367front_zpsc028d2b8.jpg

As a bonus, was also able to win the first Fatal Five appearance as well! What a great auction for early Legion lovers. Wish I could have afforded more, but these two were tops on my Must Get list this go around....

Adventure352front_zps3070745a.jpg

Congratulations! That little digest book certainly inspired you to collect the original books and what a great trio of Adventure you have acquired. Do you also have the two Superboy issues from the digest?

I am assuming the Fatal Five tale from the digest spurred you on to want their first appearance too. Their second appearance in #353 is very tough indeed to find in ultra high grade.

Congratulations! That little digest book certainly inspired you to collect the original books and what a great trio of Adventure you have acquired. Do you also have the two Superboy issues from the digest?

I am assuming the Fatal Five tale from the digest spurred you on to want their first appearance too. Their second appearance in #353 is very tough indeed to find in ultra high grade.

Thanks, Steel! That little book really has. I don't have the two Superboy issues. These three were the key stories for me in that book. But I may get them eventually. Other books are more of a priority though, including a nice 247. :cloud9:

As for the 353.... :whistle:

Adventure353front2_zps538b10d3.jpg

Love the Krypto covers:

Oh so do I!

Here's another for ya:

Adventure310_zps54744e47.jpg

Cool! That's the first Adventure Comics issue I ever bought as a kid, and I got it on a family trip to Toronto to see the Canadian National Exhibition (which for you Americans is like a very large state fair).

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Thanks, Steel! That little book really has. I don't have the two Superboy issues. These three were the key stories for me in that book. But I may get them eventually.

Great stuff! I love collecting stories with a cause and effect history behind them - especially when they have happy endings.

(thumbs u