• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
7 7

706 posts in this topic

Finally found a beautiful copy of this book. I always enjoyed covers with other characters from Superboy's home planet arriving on Earth.

Adventure Comics 242: Cover date: November 1957

AdventureComics242_zpsc5cebe2c.jpg

Excellent, I love those DC "bubble" covers. Sharp looking book. :cloud9:

Finally found a beautiful copy of this book. I always enjoyed covers with other characters from Superboy's home planet arriving on Earth.

Adventure Comics 242: Cover date: November 1957

AdventureComics242_zpsc5cebe2c.jpg

Very nice copy. This issue is a real favorite of mine. Just love the cover and first read the Superboy story in Superboy #129.

aaa718e6-7bd6-46a6-bce3-95bdc392b50c_zpsa3a52864.jpg

So now along with Silver's copy and mine there are at least three Adventure #242s here on the boards!

Love your Superboy Annual, Ian! I still have my original copy that I bought at the newsstand on Hollywood Blvd back when I was at Millikan Jr. High. I even ended up teaching a Summer Session there back in 1995. I remember the year precisely because it was that summer that both Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead and Mickey Mantle of the New York Yankees died. When I find my Superboy 129, I'll post it.