• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

What the hell is the Starslayer #2 you have slabbed in 9.8? That's not the cover of it.
It's the back cover... I just scanned the label, flipped the slab, and scanned the back cover. The actual slab looks normal, with the Starslayer cover under the label. I really wish you could request to have them insert it backwards, since I slabbed it for the Stevens, not the Grell. Now that I've upgraded though, it can go over to my Grell collection :D

What the hell is the Starslayer #2 you have slabbed in 9.8? That's not the cover of it.
It's the back cover... I just scanned the label, flipped the slab, and scanned the back cover. The actual slab looks normal, with the Starslayer cover under the label. I really wish you could request to have them insert it backwards, since I slabbed it for the Stevens, not the Grell. Now that I've upgraded though, it can go over to my Grell collection :D

Now that you have the 9.9, would you part with the 9.8? :)

Yeah, all that stuff from when he was in high school....might be legit but it is so hard to say because none of it has that style that we all know to look for from his 80's work. It's a risk reward thing....take the risk and it's really his stuff, you make out big, if you got scammed you got *spoon*.

:news:

Lotsa questionable Dave Shtuff popping up on E-Bay. Either these folks didn't do their homework, or they are scammers. Stay frosty. :hi:

Even the listing for Dave Stevens' original Superman underoos? I mean come on - the seller even posed in them.

ManSupermanUnderoos1.jpg

Ok, ok....so I have a question....

Star Wars #6. According to the Dave Stevens website he inked on this book but no credit seems to be given and definitely nothing is notated on the book from CGC (I just saw one in a sales thread, the guy gave it away as a freebie 9.0).

How come no love for Dave on this if he worked on it?

Ok, ok....so I have a question....

Star Wars #6. According to the Dave Stevens website he inked on this book but no credit seems to be given and definitely nothing is notated on the book from CGC (I just saw one in a sales thread, the guy gave it away as a freebie 9.0).

How come no love for Dave on this if he worked on it?

It's my understanding, that he was a "fill in inker" at the time. Not a big player yet. In it's defense, CGC can't recognize everything. Unless someone brings it to their attention in Valhalla. (:

So if I find a copy of this book dirt cheap and let Gemma know before sending it in for slabbing you think they would start listing Dave on there? I'm thinking that should be the way it goes....Still, I don't think the actual book even lists him so it wouldn't be anything that they would have to change but they should to be technically correct.

I went ahead and put the question to Gemma in the "ask CGC" forum. We'll see what happens from here....

You can also submit suggestions via PM to BradleyX2. He will coordinate with the label decision-makers to ensure your recommendations is reviewed.

Good catch on the Star Wars book!