• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

Well, that didn't take PGX long to catch on to the Stevens game.

Ryan bought a 3-D Zone 16 under his djbrady4u Ebay account, which also included a Planet Comics #1.

Space Vixens/Planet Comics with Covers by Dave Stevens (April 4, 2012)

Submitting his prized book to the PGX basement climate-controlled grading center, Ryan discovered this was a 9.8 WP.

3-D ZONE #16 Space Vixens PGX 9.8 Dave Stevens ART Highest graded copy (May 10, 2012)

And VOILA - instant cash maker by selling it through the same account.

$(KGrHqN,!jME-eD9m)g2BPpKjFJOZg~~60_12.JPG

:applause:

Ryan bought a 3-D Zone 16 under his djbrady4u Ebay account, which also included a Planet Comics #1.

Submitting his prized book to the PGX basement climate-controlled grading center, Ryan discovered this was a 9.8 WP.

3-D ZONE #16 Space Vixens PGX 9.8 Dave Stevens ART Highest graded copy (May 10, 2012)

A $100 book seems like small potatoes for this guy. It looks like deviousness is present at every level in this hobby. This makes me appreciate the boards even more.

I hate that I missed the original auction. I would have beat that $25 bid. Must have been pressed prior to slabbing. I see some NCB bends in the scans

I hate that I missed the original auction. I would have beat that $25 bid. Must have been pressed prior to slabbing. I see some NCB bends in the scans

I know - $25 for two great Stevens books is not bad at all. $99 for a shoot - not worth the gamble.

:P

I closed a deal on a lot of old 1950's DC books earlier today (see the announcement thread) and also found this guy has some books and artwork that was signed by Dave Stevens back in the 1980's. I'm hoping to meet the guy later this month to buy some of this stuff (he's not in Oklahoma). :wishluck:

If your car breaks down on the way to where-ever he is I will pull you in a red wagon to his place if it means I get a piece of original Dave Stevens art.

Now on to the books for today......

FCBD is always a fun day and I'm always looking for Dave books. It really made my day to find even one today. I think I've basically covered all of this city at this point. Top row - middle.

i-Fj7t6fX-X2.jpg

And he got an opening bid from a Newb. Or it is a shill.

Edited by faster friends