• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

I have 2 Dave books at CGC since March 2nd. They told me not to call back till July.

OUCH! I was about to submit a bunch, but on that news, perhaps not!

anyway, I posted this in WTB too, but...

I trying to locate the following. These are the only 2 books Dre wasn't able to get for me when they came out...

Rocketeer Adventures (IDW) #3 Black & White Incentive

Rocketeer Adventures (IDW) $4 Black & White Incentive Edition

Preferably graded 9.8s, but great really nice raws will work too.

they look like this:

rock3.jpgrock4.jpg

Edited by sl4ppy

No fast track this time. Now I remember why I normally do fast track

I won't send anything in to CGC any more unless I can justify paying for Fast Track. Who wants to have hundreds or even thousands of dollars tied up at CGC for 2 months for Moderns and 4 months for everything else? (shrug)

CGC is suffering from growing pains and needs to try to do something to improve turnaround times. :wishluck:

No fast track this time. Now I remember why I normally do fast track

You're talking about an Economy sub, right?

They're only a couple of weeks behind on Moderns right now - I have a couple of non-fast track Modern subs that were received at the beginning of March and was told today that they should be graded next week.

I just sent in 15 books on the value tier that I truly do not anticipate seeing again until October. The rest of the books I have out I hope to have everything back by July. What I have out there is pretty much going to be it for the rest of the year except for what I pick up at Heroes in June and maybe I'll get Adam to pick up a book or two for me at Dragon Con again, but like Shark was saying, nobody wants their money tied up for months on end.

I wanted to sort of give a time line here. I got a box of 16 slabs in the mail yesterday. All the books Moderns, and CGC received them on February 6. This seems pretty close in turnaround time to other batches.

2c

I wanted to sort of give a time line here. I got a box of 16 slabs in the mail yesterday. All the books Moderns, and CGC received them on February 6. This seems pretty close in turnaround time to other batches.

2c

That's not bad at all. :applause:

I never saw this mentioned before, but I never realized there are two versions of Sheena "3-D" Special #1 like Seduction of the Innocent "3-D" #1.

494d8762-ca12-4c73-b039-f905814c4b8c.jpg

0e522024-2937-44bc-8e92-47a4639ccf7a.jpg

Mine is the 3-D version. Anyone have both and confirm if there is a color cover difference in addition to it stating "3-D" versus no 3-D mentioned?

Several pages into this thread there is a good discussion on the 2d vs. 3d, why they were made and how rare they are:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4134404#Post4134404

If I recall correctly, all these 3d books were made in limited 2d printings. Apparently an editor was color blind and had several copies made for the color blind. They are much harder to find.

Several pages into this thread there is a good discussion on the 2d vs. 3d, why they were made and how rare they are:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4134404#Post4134404

If I recall correctly, all these 3d books were made in limited 2d printings. Apparently an editor was color blind and had several copies made for the color blind. They are much harder to find.

Good thread! Thanks for bringing it back up.

But in the case of Sheena, this was produced by Blackthorne Comics - not Eclipse - so I didn't see where this was mentioned or explained.

I had forgot the 2-D's were created for color blind readers, which before that thread I had never realized this before.

Just wanted to share about my personal DaveQuest.

1) After going to the very last page on Google search, I found my two copies of Myticogryfil #2. :applause:

2) Out of pure luck, I found myself E-chatting with Bob Sourk(Destiny Science Fiction). He went above and beyond trying to point me in the direction of folks that might know where I could get a copy. Still searching. :applause:

3) Waiting for Tom Ranhiem(Dave Stevens website) to get back to me about updates. :wishluck:

That's about it for now. Anyone else have DaveQuest stuff to share? :)