• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,897 posts in this topic

I had a great time at the Big Wow show in San Jose today, especially with respect to Dave...

picked up a 3-D Zone; glasses are detached, but included. I haven't taken it out to take a close look, but probably a 9.0 or so. Paid $6. :banana:

I also picked up two signed and numbered prints...Rocketeer alone and Betty in the studio. :cloud9: :cloud9:

I had a great time at the Big Wow show in San Jose today, especially with respect to Dave...

picked up a 3-D Zone; glasses are detached, but included. I haven't taken it out to take a close look, but probably a 9.0 or so. Paid $6. :banana:

I also picked up two signed and numbered prints...Rocketeer alone and Betty in the studio. :cloud9: :cloud9:

Pics? :taptaptap:

I've got 9.8s of vol. 2 coming too but Dre scored me this as well.. Had to share right away. ;) Being a subscription customer has it's perks.

scan0092.jpg

Me likey! :applause:

I need to get me one of those. :grin:

:lol: kdoginohio

The Betty book...

I've got a couple of copies of that particular book, waiting to be signed by Jim Silke at Heroes....hoping for a small sketch on the back cover...

:lol: kdoginohio

The Betty book...

I've got a couple of copies of that particular book, waiting to be signed by Jim Silke at Heroes....hoping for a small sketch on the back cover...

Silke is amazing!

Over the weekend at the Dallas Comicon, I picked up an Alien Worlds #2 and #4 in 9.2/9.4 for 50 cents each. That alone made it a nice buy. But when I opened both books up I got a nice surprise. :)

At the top of page 2 on the #2 is written "To John, with my best - Dave Stevens". And at the top of page 1 on the #4 is written "For John, best regards - Dave Stevens". And yes, they were both signed by THAT Dave Stevens. :banana:

I'll post pics of both pages in a little while. (thumbs u

Pulled a trade with a good friend in Canada.I sent him a couple of 9.6 Judge Dredd and he sent me these 2 DS books.Scanned in the bags but they look much better in hand.

DS001-2.jpg

DS002-2.jpg

Don't think I posted this before.It's a flyer from the SFBC advertising the Stevens book.Still haven't picked up the actual book yet.

DS001-1.jpg

Over the weekend at the Dallas Comicon, I picked up an Alien Worlds #2 and #4 in 9.2/9.4 for 50 cents each. That alone made it a nice buy. But when I opened both books up I got a nice surprise. :)

At the top of page 2 on the #2 is written "To John, with my best - Dave Stevens". And at the top of page 1 on the #4 is written "For John, best regards - Dave Stevens". And yes, they were both signed by THAT Dave Stevens. :banana:

:applause:

On the subject of Tarzan Weekly...

I recently purchased a collection of the entire run. Of these, only 5 give Dave credit for art (although, I am still missing the third issue, which contains the second half of the Monster Men story, which Dave inked, so that is a possible sixth issue.)

Here are the covers for the accredited issues...

TarzanWeekly021977-06-1885.jpg

TarzanWeekly061977-07-1690.jpg

TarzanWeekly071977-07-2385.jpg

TarzanWeekly081977-07-3094.jpg

TarzanWeekly121977-08-2790.jpg

:applause:

Here are the pics of Dave's signature:

DaveStevenssignatureonAlienWorlds2.jpg

DaveStevenssignatureonAlienWorlds4.jpg

:applause:(worship)

But they didn't come from the Rupp Collection.

Rocketeer_Spc1_SS2.jpg

;)

I'll take any and all "For Mike" or even "For Michael" books that you guys don't want to have dirtying up your place :lol: