• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,905 posts in this topic

I think the OA this came from has much more of a lively, fun look to the face than the statue. It's just tough sometimes conveying the same expression from pad to sculpture.

I think it is the difference in the eyes. The art is wide-eyed and playful looking, where the statue looks sleepy.

dspagepic.jpg

Very true, but have you seen the other ones? :sick:

I think the OA this came from has much more of a lively, fun look to the face than the statue. It's just tough sometimes conveying the same expression from pad to sculpture.

I think it is the difference in the eyes. The art is wide-eyed and playful looking, where the statue looks sleepy.

dspagepic.jpg

The "art Bettie" is also slightly curvier :cloud9:

Here's mine in my office at work, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. The statue looks way better in person than in the photo's I've seen so far, also the box is nice has a big shot of the OA, and it also comes with a small sealed booklet that has the same picture as well :

bettie.jpg

Here's mine in my office at work, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. The statue looks way better in person than in the photo's I've seen so far, also the box is nice has a big shot of the OA, and it also comes with a small sealed booklet that has the same picture as well :

Actually, I have to agree. That face looks like a different (and better) statue.

The photos must have come from an early prototype where they hadn't matched the eyes yet.

:applause:

Yeah, mine is 1,496 of the 1500.

Oh, and here's what's hanging above her, a signed "Wanted" print, sorry for the glare :

print.jpg

Edited by Soloist

Just received my latest CGC order, and wanted to thank Keith/kdoginohio for supplying such Rocketeer goodness.

(worship)

Rocketeer_Spc1_98.jpg

From his days when he wasn't collecting Stevens books.

Picked up Dark Horse Presents 100-1, and looks to be a very sharp example.

:luhv:

I have one of those on the way too. (thumbs u

I think I've almost run out of options for picking up new books with Dave Stevens covers (either front or back). I still need these:

1) Iger Comics Kingdom

2) Back Issues

3) Comic Journal #117

4) Dark Horse Insider #23

5) Madman Comics #4 (back cover)

6) Rocketeer Adventure Magazine #3

7) The Shadow and Doc Savage #2

8) Amazing Heroes #37

9) 3-D Zone #16

Except for a couple of other books that should pretty much cover it. (thumbs u

I was able to cross off 3 more books from the Dave Stevens want list (see above) and the Shadow and Doc Savage #2 is on the way. I'll post a new group shot shortly. :)