• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,935 posts in this topic

Yeah, I think that is conservative as well. When I looked at the auction last night I looked at who had made bids and that basically told me there were four players. I knew there would be more than those four that with less than 15 seconds to go that would hit "bid". I was just curious to see how many people on here knew about it afterwards. The lister didn't put Dave Stevens in the title which would probably have drawn more people to the listing.

ebay is terrible for most stevens imho. sellers want good money for em..which they should be going for once again imho....but when you can still find most of his work in dollar or 2 dollar bins, it seems crazy to shell out big coin. slabs not withstanding

ebay is terrible for most stevens imho. sellers want good money for em..which they should be going for once again imho....but when you can still find most of his work in dollar or 2 dollar bins, it seems crazy to shell out big coin. slabs not withstanding

I collect Stevens, but still find plenty of examples in dollar bins. I'm not breaking the bank when you can find them on the cheap with a little work. :cloud9:

I was watching this auction, and would have placed a bid if it hadn't gone past $20. I have a LOT of Stevens stuff, all of it rescued from cheap bins and boxes. However, I have never encountered this book in my years of looking for this stuff, so this is one I wouldn't balk at paying a little more for.

I was watching this auction, and would have placed a bid if it hadn't gone past $20. I have a LOT of Stevens stuff, all of it rescued from cheap bins and boxes. However, I have never encountered this book in my years of looking for this stuff, so this is one I wouldn't balk at paying a little more for.

Exactly. This is one of the few U.S. books that I haven't seen in a long box at a convention. Anyone ever find any of his overseas stuff? Where do you even look really?

and I hope it is! Sorry guys, after I let the Back Issues NM copy get away from me I wasn't about to let this one. I'll put up a decent scan of the condition when it arrives.

:whee:

:o I thought it had a visible spine bend about 1/4 way down from the top... hope not for your sake!!! But if so you're probably getting less than a NM copy when you can see something like that in a fuzzy pic.

The rest of you just relax... these come and go a copy every month or so on ebay. Just bide your time. :preach:

The rest of you just relax... these come and go a copy every month or so on ebay. Just bide your time. :preach:

Exactly!

I am up to 7 or 8 copies right now that I have seen come and go on Ebay in the past five to six months. Luckily, one of them is mine now, and on its way to CGC for grading.

:wishluck:

and I hope it is! Sorry guys, after I let the Back Issues NM copy get away from me I wasn't about to let this one. I'll put up a decent scan of the condition when it arrives.

:whee:

:o I thought it had a visible spine bend about 1/4 way down from the top... hope not for your sake!!! But if so you're probably getting less than a NM copy when you can see something like that in a fuzzy pic.

That would be my luck, but the one I passed on prior to this one was worse off and still went for over $30 I believe so at least I will have a under copy to start working my way up with if it does.

That would be my luck, but the one I passed on prior to this one was worse off and still went for over $30 I believe so at least I will have a under copy to start working my way up with if it does.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your book after a long hunt.

:applause:(worship)

:thumbsup: Hopefully I will!

Thanks

Even better, you receive the book and realize the seller took some horrible pictures that didn't truly display how solid this book is. And then we all find out the next 9.8 has been discovered.

That's what I'm hoping for. :wishluck: