• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

My question to D33Kid is...

Where is your Tec #33...or did the mice have a Christmas banquet and finished the leftovers?

Or have I asked that one before? (shrug)

Seriously, what happened to your book...and why the name change? :baiting:

Lets just say that I am currently in the middle of a transaction, the details of which I will be happy to share on the boards the moment it is complete.

What I can tell you is that I changed my display-name because I no longer own a copy of Detective Comics #33; and preferred to update my display-name to something a bit more generic to the Batman character while still retaining my love for GA Tecs. (thumbs u

Now that you're selling the Tec 40 and going for a FF 1, you're not changing your name to FF1Kid, are you? :baiting::kidaround:

I was going to suggest a new name...BaxterBuildingBastich...but I don't think he'll like that.

I'm with Yannis on this one. The boy needs some serious intervention and maybe rehab for his Silver Age addictions. Perhaps something as stern as what happened to Christopher Moltisanti on the Sopranos.

lol

:fear: im keeping out of this lol I think he would go for the first two Bs but not the 3d

Wow guys check this out! There is an 8.0 ow/w blue Tec 33 on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DETECTIVE-COMICS-33-1939-CGC-VF-8-0-ORIGIN-BATMAN-/310291000710

And it's only going for DOUBLE what it sold for only a month ago! What a bargain, Act now before it doubles again in a month!!! :roflmao:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=371060&enlarge=1

Wow...deep pocket seller.

And he obviously is just showing his weight around with the auction, for 2X what it sold for only a month ago I hope he is not serious on trying to sell it!

It's a nice museum piece. If it end up selling (most likely not) it will be one of the best flip in history.

And he obviously is just showing his weight around with the auction, for 2X what it sold for only a month ago I hope he is not serious on trying to sell it!

It's a nice museum piece. If it end up selling (most likely not) it will be one of the best flip in history.

It really is the prime example of a museum piece. :cool:

And it would be!

I would not argue (I would actually expect) an 8.0 33 to be worth in excess of 100K. But with the market bearing only bringing 74K on auction a month ago. I'd be hard pressed to see it sell for 2X only a month later.

But it would be cool if it could! :applause:

The Lewis Wayne Gallery is associated with Heritage in some way. I'm not sure of the details but there is a connection.

This is an older post about Lewis Wayne Gallery from an older thread

Can anyone tell me the association of Lewis Wayne Gallery with Heritage? I was interested in a book they have on eBay but it is priced too high without a 'best offer' option. I was wondering how reputable they are.

It's this restoration guy: Comic Art Restoration who runs the Lewis Wayne Gallery.

Here's info dug from an older thread -

Posted by EsquireComics:

"Here is the response I received from Robert Dennis earlier today. The delay for posting was to receive his approval to disseminate it, which I now just received.

Hello Mark,

Lewis Wayne Gallery doesn't have anything to do with Heritage Auction

Galleries beyond normal, good business relations and dealing with many

of the same clients. Heritage does not own LWG or any part of it, and

LWG has never offered a single comic book or piece of art while that

item was owned by Heritage.

The contact information initially used for lewiswaynegallery.com

originated from Heritage while my family and I closed on a house near

Dallas. I used to do freelance cataloging for Heritage, which is how I

met Jim Halperin. Jim is one of Heritage's owners and also a major

comics collector. As I didn't have an address or home phone number and

really needed to get the business going, Jim said I could use Heritage

contact information until we were settled in. I didn't think it would

be a big deal until I was contacted about the CGC chat boards a few months

ago. I changed the information then.

While some of the people at Heritage have helped me greatly, I've made

apersonal challenge for myself to see if LWG can sell certain pieces for

more than Heritage. Business is business. I know that, for now, LWG

isn't in the same league as Heritage. But I've shown that with a clean,

easy to navigate eBay store layout, greater insight into the artists

that produce the art, good service, and images that better reflect the

actual color and texture of the pieces, we have been able to sell

similar pieces for even more than they previously realized in a Heritage

auction.

I took on a similar challenge when CGC first started. CGC and others

often pointed out the unscrupulous grading practices of certain comic

dealers on eBay, and the price of unslabbed comics on eBay plummeted.

Under my agraphicstateofmind eBay ID, I wrote an editorial about CGC

and my experiences as a comic dealer, and then successfully sold three raw

Silver and Bronze age comic collections over the next couple of years

at an average of about 80% of Overstreet Guide, which is a lot higher than

most other comic dealers were getting for raw comics.

[one paragraph deleted at my discretion due to personal comments contained therein]

Robert Dennis, Director

Lewis Wayne Gallery "

The thread is at: Are these the same books? - August 2006

Edited by t3quila

:sorry:

Is there any chance that my old post can be taken out of this thread? Around the time of that post a certain owner of Metropolis comics used to call me up to tell me about "secrets" that needed to be shared with the hobby. The information he gave me was often half correct at best and I was a little too new at the time to know exactly what was going on. I reached a few conclusions on my own that weren't always correct either.

That post has been hanging out there for a while but I'd really love to have an undo button on that one. :sorry:

:sorry:

Is there any chance that my old post can be taken out of this thread? Around the time of that post a certain owner of Metropolis comics used to call me up to tell me about "secrets" that needed to be shared with the hobby. The information he gave me was often half correct at best and I was a little too new at the time to know exactly what was going on. I reached a few conclusions on my own that weren't always correct either.

That post has been hanging out there for a while but I'd really love to have an undo button on that one. :sorry:

Edited (thumbs u

I'm relatively certain that the books bought by at least some Heritage personnel during auctions are what end up for sale Lewis Wayne Gallery. They used to be listed in the 'For Sale' section on Heritage but most seem to have been removed.