• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

4K in my opinion is a pretty fair, even low price, if it's complete - for that Tec 31 Gator is offering.

A CGC .5 Tec 31 missing a back cover and missing a bunch of the front cover sold for $3,400 in 2008.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/blog/post/2008/11/13/Detective-Comics-31-CGC-5-Brings-243400.aspx

I think 4K is the bottom floor on the Tec 31 nowadays.

4K in my opinion is a pretty fair, even low price, if it's complete - for that Tec 31 Gator is offering.

A CGC .5 Tec 31 missing a back cover and missing a bunch of the front cover sold for $3,400 in 2008.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/blog/post/2008/11/13/Detective-Comics-31-CGC-5-Brings-243400.aspx

I think 4K is the bottom floor on the Tec 31 nowadays.

You are probably right, I just prefer not to get on that elevator anymore

Four grand?????????????????? I was saying 1/3rd of GD guide

NVM

I agree that 1/3 of gd value is a fair price to ask...but guide for value hasn't been relative since you had a store :roflmao:

That seems like a strong price, but then again, it's a high demand early Tec. I mean, what would sound more "reasonable", 3k? :)
bill is just sticker shocked and living in the 90's :baiting:

That seems like a strong price, but then again, it's a high demand early Tec. I mean, what would sound more "reasonable", 3k? :)

Gator is right, I do tend to price with my heart and not the reality of the situation. It probably is worth every penny he will ask. Don't mind me guys, I'm just a grumpy old fart that likes his GA cheap :preach:

Gator is right, I do tend to price with my heart and not the reality of the situation. It probably is worth every penny he will ask. Don't mind me guys, I'm just a grumpy old fart that likes his GA cheap :preach:

I like remembering those days (got my first OSPG in the late 90's). Even then you could actually afford secondary keys without having to choose between a mid grade book and a nice new car. A lot of the cool books have gotten totally out of reach today for someone who is only interested in collecting (actually keeping books for longer than 1 - 10 months).

Thank you for sustaining that world, Ciorac :foryou:

as promised the "best" worse condition tec 31...solid fr- (.75 on cgc scale because it is slightly better than pr/fr .5 lol )

that said, it has decent image and paper is actually pretty derned nice and supple!!

was a library type check out copy (even has check out paper attached to interior of back cover)... a conversation piece for sure and cost a 1/3 of a good copy (thumbs u

tec31ws.jpg

4K seems like a reasonable price to me.

Do you plan on having this one slabbed prior to sale?

After seeing the copy that Metropolis just posted, GAtor's copy looks beautiful.

I don't see it on Metro or CC? (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4927487#Post4927487

What would one pay for that. It has nothing that can be used, can't be restored and can't be read. I am all over low grade stuff but I don't think I would want it.

James G

After seeing the copy that Metropolis just posted, GAtor's copy looks beautiful.

I don't see it on Metro or CC? (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4927487#Post4927487

What would one pay for that. It has nothing that can be used, can't be restored and can't be read. I am all over low grade stuff but I don't think I would want it.

James G

Given the very obvious defects, what would you consider to be a "reasonable" price James? (shrug)

as promised the "best" worse condition tec 31...solid fr- (.75 on cgc scale because it is slightly better than pr/fr .5 lol )

that said, it has decent image and paper is actually pretty derned nice and supple!!

was a library type check out copy (even has check out paper attached to interior of back cover)... a conversation piece for sure and cost a 1/3 of a good copy (thumbs u

tec31ws.jpg

4K seems like a reasonable price to me.

Do you plan on having this one slabbed prior to sale?

no plan at all to slab this copy...it is actually pretty cool to have to open and read and "enjoy" lol

tec31ws.jpg

"solid" FR- lol the nice PQ is a plus...great find Rick!