• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Teen Titles (Silver Age)

409 posts in this topic

My vcc booth is always a good place to start :baiting:

Just ask Bronze Age Fan

Seriously, feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Yep, got the two Millie's I posted from the VCC, thanks to 143ksk! Plus these also. :cloud9:

Millie the Model #66 F-

2012-10-26181938.jpg[/img]

Millie the Model #93 G Included for free! Thanks!

2012-10-26182123.jpg[/img]

My Girl Pearl #6

2012-10-26182305.jpg[/img]

Hoarding? They are kinda different. lol:cloud9:

2012-08-03102951.jpg[/img]

Is there a 10c version of this book?

I researched this when I bought a copy of JIM 76. The version with the overprint was the 10¢ version. All the early books in the print run were overprinted and the later books had the plate changed/added prior to distribution. So the answer to your question is, no. (thumbs u

I researched this when I bought a copy of JIM 76. The version with the overprint was the 10¢ version. All the early books in the print run were overprinted and the later books had the plate changed/added prior to distribution. So the answer to your question is, no. (thumbs u

(worship) I figured you would know the answer. :applause:

I have the overprint version as well. I just wondered if any of the non overprinted 10c versions had ever hit the market. Thanks for the info :)

Is there a bronze age version of this thread? If so I'm betting this particular book would fit there better, but it at least is somewhat in your theme and at least you didn't have to refresh this time :)

i-qBR7vcX-X2.jpg

(worship)

Very very interesting inks by Colletta on #72 and #76.

I went and looked up the covers at the GCD because they didn't look quite right as solo Colletta --- and the site gave pencilling credit to Kirby.

I might have argued this but Nick Caputo gets credit for identifying #72 and Mr. Caputo has put in the decades of study to make him the expert.

Guide To Collecting Kirby's Work At Marvel

Step 1. Kirby's super-hero stuff. CHECK

Step 2. Get all the pre-heroes. 3 AWAY

Step 3. Kirby westerns. ABOUT HALF WAY THERE

Step 4. Romance. NONE

I'm going to open a new Front. Post-imploslion Kirby romance, here I come!

A seriously underrated Marvel key: The first Marvel Age crossover, cover dated February, 1962. Patsy Walker (the future Hellcat) meets Linda Carter (the future Night Nurse). Stan starts building the Marvel Universe right here, folks! :banana:

Also, Patsy and the gang meet Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev and send him packing with a new fear of American teenagers. Stan has definitely transitioned to "screw it, I'm going to write what I want mode" at this point, just three months after FF #1.

Here's my copy:

SAM_0213.jpg

A seriously underrated Marvel key: The first Marvel Age crossover, cover dated February, 1962. Patsy Walker (the future Hellcat) meets Linda Carter (the future Night Nurse). Stan starts building the Marvel Universe right here, folks! :banana:

Also, Patsy and the gang meet Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev and send him packing with a new fear of American teenagers. Stan has definitely transitioned to "screw it, I'm going to write what I want mode" at this point, just three months after FF #1.

Here's my copy:

SAM_0213.jpg

Great stuff! You may be right... the first Marvel cross over!!! (worship) I have no idea where my copy is... :cry: